Question 225 CARB MERCURY SALTWATER SERIES ON MY 209 GAMBLER

Hey All,
    I was wondering what to expect from this motor. My 200 efi scored the pistons. I'm putting this on but it has an alarm issue. At 1500 rpm it sounds the overheat alarm. Not making sense. But water pump is replaced.

i'd tell you to post those alarm questions on the 3.0L forum first and get that motor running right...
    if its been rebuilt and has good compression, low 70's is most certainly attainable.
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Thank you.

4. Member
    I will also tell you that if it is not a torque master lower unit it will be an absolute PITA to drive. You will not be able to raise the motor enough, due to low water pressure, to put it where it runs best. At speeds ~70+ you better know how to drive a Gambler - it will be a handful!

5. Member
    Yup I know how to drive her. I've hit 76 gps on the California delta. Since I have moved to the east coast though things have changed. I would love to find a TM lower unit for it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassinbearg2 View Post
    Yup I know how to drive her. I've hit 76 gps on the California delta. Since I have moved to the east coast though things have changed. I would love to find a TM lower unit for it.