Thread: Leech Lake

Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Leech Lake

How is the smallie bite doing on Leech? Some Friends Heading that way on FridaY. Any tips for a Bronze Back Medal?

2. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    I guess nobody fish's the lakes up in Minnesota

No disrespect but we've got an overwhelming number of lake choices up here and a very small number of MN bass anglers that frequent this board. I've lived here 47 years, been hardcore bassin for over 30, and been on Leech maybe a grand total of 4 times. Hope your buds have a great trip.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Heard the smallies are getting better but that's not the lake I'd go to I guess.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    No disrespect but we've got an overwhelming number of lake choices up here and a very small number of MN bass anglers that frequent this board. I've lived here 47 years, been hardcore bassin for over 30, and been on Leech maybe a grand total of 4 times. Hope your buds have a great trip.
    This. I too am surprised there aren’t more bass anglers congregating on this board. We remain outnumbered by walleye fishermen. Leech is not exactly known as a smallmouth Mecca. Mille Lacs and Vermillion are better choices in my opinion.

SMB action will improve as the temps drop. Good luck to your friends.

6. Member
    I see the OPs first post is from July, and now almost 2 months later, a 2nd post criticizing the MN board. Instead of the snarky comment, how about letting us know how your friends did?

To go along with Cal's response, I've been on Leech once, and it wasn't for smallies.