01' Fuel in air rail. Tracker Valve? 135CXL OP OT398449

Hi folks, I've had issues with my port motor for a bit now. Finally after just jumping in and replacing all three fuel pumps, lines (from tank to motor and every one inbetween), primer bulb, cleaning VST, Took it out and could only get like 4200 rpms out of it and couldn't get both motors to match rpms. Came back to the dock and idled down motors and port motor stumbled and died. Restart was rough and smoking. Found when I bled the shrader valve for the air rail I found fuel mix coming out. Shrader valve ????
    Looking for advice and possible part number

135CXL OP
    Serial # OT398449

2. Member
    very good place to start, 804533
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks man, I've owned these motors for nearly 4 years and just love the power they make. I would to convert over to twin 4 strokes. Boat's surely worth swapping.

4. Member
    id fix um before i swaped
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    OK guys, here's my dilemma now, Fuel and air within approx 12 psi. after replacing tracker valve with new OEM motor cranks strong but still no start. but if I bump throttle up about half throttle out of gear it'll start, it revs great, but as soon as I return it back to idle, it stalls. So I restart and keep it above idle around 2000 rpm, so to keep from slamming lower unit into gear and having issues there, I'll put Starboard motor in gear and accel to about 3000 rpm that starts to port prop spinning. I quickly bring port back to idle and then hammer down with both motors. I get starboard motor up to 5500 rpms but questionable motor will only get 4000 rpm max.
    Input is greatly appreciated.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Really recommend you NOT continue the unusual attempts to "hot shift" your engine. Very high odds that some internal rotating component will decide it wants to be OUTSIDE the engine.

Need to get ACTUAL Air and Fuel Pressures while attempting to start the engine AT THE IDLE POSITION.

Also helpful to have those for 5/10/15 seconds after key turned off (either engine shutdown or ceasing to crank).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor