Trailer stop pole

With my bad back, the Basscat trailer step pole was a savior. But today I almost fell off the boat trailer while walking up to the boat. I guess there was a weak area where the pole was welded to the step above the winch. There’s slight rust by the area and bent forward as I grabbed it to walk up. Have anyone ever encounter this problem?

Year model? Original poles were just welded, later versions have a steel bottom piece and should not just be welded.

BCB

3. Member
    2010 sabre ftd

Vibration definitely takes a toll and newer poles are overset on a solid steel pin base, then welded to that on the trailers. The pin base sleeves the post, later they added a small gusset into the bottom of the step.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 07-28-2021 at 07:27 AM.

5. Member
    Mine is long gone! Snapped right off.

6. Member
    I've had some vibrate really bad you see it in your rear view mirror & then get tires balanced and its night / day difference.

7. Member
    I put one on(the add on). Before installion. I added uroflex before the actual installation. Not sure if it help though i have no vibration. Though i wonder if tires out of balance is a big contribution to this.?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I put one on(the add on). Before installion. I added uroflex before the actual installation. Not sure if it help though i have no vibration. Though i wonder if tires out of balance is a big contribution to this.?
    Mine is from miles and miles of gravel roads.

9. Member
    Just had a welder to weld the pole back on. Will see how long that last.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnsabre View Post
    Just had a welder to weld the pole back on. Will see how long that last.
    Mine lasted a year. Haha

11. Member
    Being a machinist and welder myself, there was a gentleman on here or the Basscat forum that used a insert that he welded on first, then slipped the pole over it, the pole was then plug welded and welded at the base. I thought that was a good ideal and this gives multiple areas of weldment. Im pretty this is what BCB is talking about
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

This has been the factory method for about a decade. The original method was fine, though harmonics eventually works on the weld. They also tried balancing and that doesn't effect the vibrations. They did balance tires with 15", 18" and 20" wheels with no change in pole movement and vibrations at all speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Being a machinist and welder myself, there was a gentleman on here or the Basscat forum that used a insert that he welded on first, then slipped the pole over it, the pole was then plug welded and welded at the base. I thought that was a good ideal and this gives multiple areas of weldment. Im pretty this is what BCB is talking about