Thread: Networking

Networking

Ok just installed the eithernet switch so I could link up my two 999 di si and my helix 12 2d gps would just like the quick version of what I have to do on the menu screen to get them to see each other I powered up but when I go to network I only see the unit I’m looking at if it’s not too complicated could someone tell me or direct me to a decent video for networking the three thanks as always pat ps just trying to share waypoints between them thanks

The Ethernet Switch has to have its power turned on, then it takes a few minutes for the units to recognize the connection.

After all are recognized, all three units should be listed in the Network Source menu of each unit, from there you select which unit you want data from for each category for the unit you are looking at.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne, Does he need to be in custom mode on each? Can’t remember the #series menu.
    Rad Brewer

Yes, I was just going to add that.
    Advanced User Mode for the old units and Custom User Mode for the Helix.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks for the quick replies as always guys I’ll try it tomorrow!

6. Member
    Ok I know this isn’t rocket science I’ve hooked up lots of depth finders I’m lost on this switch ran a power wire straight from battery with 3 amp in line fuse to power on off switch then soldered power wire to other side of switch the straight from neg and soldered to meg of power cable plugged in all units with their dongles put the two 999s in advanced mode g1 helix 12 I’ve tried in normal and advanced it’s like there’s not even an either net switch there can these switches be pooched right out of the box or am I still missing something wouldn’t be bad if I could return it but it’s been sitting for two years waiting to be installed any help would be appreciated maybe I’m still missing something but I figured something would pop up thanks again pat each unit just shows it’s specific information

7. Member
    There is a networking tab that shows up in the main menu tabs when the switch is iD by the unit

8. Member
    Sorry guys the power on off switch I bought was the problem hooked it direct with just the in-line fuse and all your direction payed off thanks again appreciate it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pat6363 View Post
    Sorry guys the power on off switch I bought was the problem hooked it direct with just the in-line fuse and all your direction payed off thanks again appreciate it
    Glad you got it!
    Rad Brewer

10. Member
    so I have a 899 and cannot find the network source setup screen. I'm in advanced settings

11. Member
    Rad Brewer