Thread: Ultrex issue

Ultrex issue

So my pedal only turns to the right the way its meant to. It's very hard to go left. I can turn the head easily by hand. Any ideas what the problem is. Thanks

I had similar problems with mine. It was still under warranty since my boat was less than a year old. BPS changed out the entire trolling motor. I did call Minn Kota while I was on the lake with it and they told me it was more than likely the control board in the foot pedal.
    Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one.
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

First guess is the steering sensor under the pedal.
    How old is it ?
    Early models had this problem so the replacement part is different.

4. dartag1829
    Just had that happen to mine. Like said steering sensor under the foot pedal. Mine is 2 years old and had a 3 year warranty . You can call Minn Kota give them the serial number and they will let you know if it is covered.

5. Member
    My brand new 36v Ultrex did that after the first 10 minutes of use, steering board replaced even though it was already updated design. Motor was built in February according to serial number, terrible reliability it seems based on the number of complaints here.

6. Member
    Good luck trying to get someone trying look at it in a timely manner. I called the 2 shops in my area and one didn’t want to look at it and the other one was a month before they would look at it to even order the part. For $90 and less than an hour i replaced it myself and had my boat fixed in a week. There are some good videos on YouTube of how to change the steering sensor to find out if it’s something you feel comfortable doing.

^^^ thats what I did ^^^^
    except my problem was no ASC within 250 miles.

8. Member
    Thanks to everyone