98' 135 Saltwater wont start 1000hrs

Hi guys, I'm sure it's been posted, awhile back my port motor died after trolling for awhile and would not restart. compression near perfect for the age and hours, (for shits and giggles) I replaced all three fuel pumps with OEM, (Pulse, low pressure in the VST and High pressure) cleaned VST, all new fuel lines, and primer bulb. Both air and fuel injectors cleaned less than a year ago, Got the motor running and took her for a spin, perfect as it always had been, but could only get 4000 rpm out of it and when I came back down to idle it ran like crap and then stalled. Now starts and stalls with a ton of smoke. I started to do fuel pressure test and compressor test at the tests ports and fuel came out of the air side. Tracker valve huh??
    I know someone will know the part # for this tracker valve. Is there any reason why I shouldn't only replace the tracker and not the fuel pressure regulator too. Or should I do both.

2001 135CXL OP

Serial Number OT398449

Thanks in advance for any words of advice
    Last edited by LakeHound; 07-27-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added serial number

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your post to the 2.5L Forum for you.

Tracker valve is #804533.

I would not recommend opening Fuel Pressure Regulator without conclusive evidence that it is REQUIRED.

Strongly recommend an OEM Service Manual also.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    +1 on the strongly
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................