Thread: Hot foot ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    I do
    Ok. But that was Evinrude (wasn't it?). Smart setup if I remember correctly. How about Mercury or Yamaha?

2. Member
    Having run both, as others have stated, the safety, maneuverability factor of the hotfoot for bigger open water, far outweighs the convenience of "cruise control" with the hand throttle. Running a jet on super skinny water, while sometimes standing and sometimes sitting, I wouldn't go with anything but a hand throttle control. Yes, a unique situation, as the steering on the jet is 180° knock to knock, not 3-5 turns like on most conventional helms. We manipulate throttle response constantly navigating shallow bars and riffle areas of shallow rivers. The hotfoot on open water, high speeds, sitting position is obviously very safe and familiar. Allows both hands on the wheel and trim adjustments with a finger (if equipped with blinker controls). I will say some form of "cruise control" would be a handy feature with the hotfoot for some runs, whether no wake areas, or just cruising.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123