warning beep not continuous not 4 beeps

2007 opti 225 don't have the serial number handy Im getting a solid beep beep beep for a few seconds while running at 5000 slow to idle still beeps shut it down restart and no beeps Its not the typical low oil 4 beeps or the steady beeeeeeep over heat warning alarm. The DDT shows no faults I can go days with no alarm then out of the blue it does it , Shut it down wait a few seconds then it will be fine for the rest of the day or days. Battery reading is 13.4 while running no overheating issues This one has me stumped. Looked this alarm code up and there is no beep pattern listed that Im getting BTW motor runs great no loss of power doesnt go into guardian mode just the annoying beep Any ideas
    Charlie B
    Ranger Z521C w / 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    freeze frame buffers showing ??????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

not happening often enough to capture it when I hook up DDT Cant get it to happen on the muffs
    Charlie B

4. Member
    I'm having the same issue with my 2012 250proxs

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet20dc View Post
    not happening often enough to capture it when I hook up DDT Cant get it to happen on the muffs
    If it happens ONCE it should be in the Freeze Frame (Fault) History.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks for the reply Don, nothing in freeze frame or fault status as I mentioned it doesn't happen a lot and I don't have the DDT hooked up when it does so It will only show up on freeze frame when it occurs and I have t it hooked up I ran diagnostics on the motor and everything is within parameters. according to what I see in the Merc manual there is NO alarm code listed tat sounds like this Just a steady beep beep beep for as long as I run it then shut it down and restart and its gone for what could be an hour or days. Yesterday I ran it for for 45 minutes on the lake and no alarms at all. Would a low voltage ( intermittent alternator output or bad battery) throw an alarm.
    Charlie B

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet20dc View Post
    Battery reading is 13.4 while running no overheating issues
    Voltage taken at the battery should be 14 - 14.3v when running. I've experienced a low battery alarm a time or two (prior to obtaining gp31 AGM with 1150CCA) and it was a single beep (after normal test beep) when cranking engine.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If it is an engine fault- and it happens ONCE, it will be in the Freeze Frame until someone clears the Freeze Frame (Fault) History.

If there is no Freeze Frame recorded (at all)- it may not be the engine horn.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks for the reply Don, nothing in freeze frame or fault status as I mentioned it doesn't happen a lot and I don't have the DDT hooked up when it does so It will only show up on freeze frame when it occurs and I have t it hooked up I ran diagnostics on the motor and everything is within parameters. according to what I see in the Merc manual there is NO alarm code listed tat sounds like this Just a steady beep beep beep for as long as I run it then shut it down and restart and its gone for what could be an hour or days. Yesterday I ran it for for 45 minutes on the lake and no alarms at all. Would a low voltage ( intermittent alternator output or bad battery) throw an alarm.
    Charlie B

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, but it would also register in the Freeze Frame Buffers.

Those are in the "History" section of the DDT as I recall (admittedly, I've not touched a DDT in a number of years).

Don would an overheat condition on the compressor throw a alarm like if the screen was clogged i dont see any overheat faults on the ddt for it tho took it out over three days over the weekend now got about 4 hours run time on it and the last day coming off plane to the ramp it did the beep thing about ready to start pulling sensors and and see if I can duplicate this
    Charlie B

12. Member
    comp over temp will show up as fault if screen is clogged or telltale is clogged alowing no water flow through comp
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^^

thanks joe54 kinda what I thought but Im grabbing at straws here no faults showing up pees like a champ. went thru 2 quarts of oil so i know its getting oil ,and the reservoir tank is full ,no water in the gas , new battery a real stumper,
    Charlie B

15. Member