Thread: Insurance time

Insurance time

Guess it’s time to see if insurance is gonna give me any problems. Sure seems these cases are more fragile than the older ones.
    Last edited by Wwmansfi; 07-27-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Pic not working
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No can see image.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    [url=https://postimg.cc/xqRD8G73]

4. Fishing is a Passion
    No damage to the prop, depends on your Deductible. Repair might be less than deductible.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

5. Member
    Not planning on doing any welding will be a new case.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwmansfi View Post
    If you value your warranty on the lower unit it will be replaced. I do not think Mercury will approve any repairs. Hope you can get a case.

7. Member
    The good thing is you can probably run the rig while you are waiting on the new lower unit to be shipped.

8. Member
    Good luck !!! Let us know how it works out.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    If you value your warranty on the lower unit it will be replaced. I do not think Mercury will approve any repairs. Hope you can get a case.
    +1

Depending on the condition of the internals- and the shafts, it may be built into a new housing. Need to have a Certified or Master Tech inspect it and check shafts, gears, bearings, propshaft runout, etc. (BEFORE Insurance Adjuster comes so you're informed and prepared).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1

Depending on the condition of the internals- and the shafts, it may be built into a new housing. Need to have a Certified or Master Tech inspect it and check shafts, gears, bearings, propshaft runout, etc. (BEFORE Insurance Adjuster comes so you're informed and prepared).
    Gonna meet with adjuster Monday at the shop so if there is any argument the shop can maybe set him straight.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

12. BBC SPONSOR

Guess it’s time to see if insurance is gonna give me any problems. Sure seems these cases are more fragile than the older ones.
    They are more fragile.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    They are more fragile.
    Not sure what you're basing that assumption on...

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Not sure what you're basing that assumption on...
    I'm basing it on experience of owning a 250 pro xs 2 stroke to now owning a 250 pro xs 4 stroke. I'm not saying the internals are more fragile, but the skeg most certainly is. It's alot thinner. I understand why it is, but it does make it more fragile.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since it's an entirely and completely different gearcase, there are obviously some geometric differences. Overall, I would have to strongly disagree with you on this subject as neither gearcase was designed with the intention that it contact or impact objects while underway.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-02-2021 at 01:08 PM.

16. Member
    Got housing replaced insurance didn’t give me any problems.

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

18. Member
    Happy it worked out for you!