Lowrance Ghost Spot Lock

One thing I have noticed with my ghost is that when I hit spot lock it seems to want to back up more than it should (5-10 feet). It seems to hold well once it gets there, but this is a little annoying. I thought initially it was because of the wind and that I had moved more than what I thought each time, but it seems to do the same thing on calmer days too. I did the calibrations and also tried moving my gps puck around (per lowrance feedback) but it hasn't seemed to matter. Just wanted to get some input from others out there on their experience and thoughts.

2. Member
    Mine does the same thing!

3. Member
    Mine does the exact same thing! I recalibrated it several times, messed with the offset too.

4. Member
    Yep, mine does it too. I thought it was because of forward movement due to the wind or trolling motor being on and then backing up to the spot where I initially hit the spot lock button. However, I've intentionally tried using the spot lock when it is dead calm and I haven't even had the trolling motor on (so no forward movement), and it still wants to back up a little bit. Not 5-10 feet, but not exactly where I spot locked it at. It hasn't really bugged me much yet, and it still beats trying to hold the position without spot lock, but I can understand where it can be frustrating, especially for those that need it to be very precise for being directly over something. I will say that once it is spot locked, it keeps me right there and doesn't wander.

5. Member
    I had my boat prefectly still with my power poles down for several minutes. I then clicked the anchor lock and it pushed the boat backwards against the power poles. I then lifted the power poles and sure enough it wanted to go backwards about 7'. Water was dead calm, absolutely no movement of my boat. I then tried moving my puck all around to different locations and it did the exact same thing regardless of where my puck was.

6. Member
    Ditto same thing on mine

7. Member
    Mine does not back up unless I am moving when hitting the anchor. If you haven't downloaded the latest software update you are missing out.

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=3613

I would also closely look at your placement of your TMC-1 to make sure it is not getting electromagnetic interference. Also make sure it is not screwed down too tightly, especially on a padded deck, as it may bend the bottom affecting the compass operation. Use the screws provided and not magnetic screws.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    What cool new stuff is in the upgrade Marc? I hadn't heard one was out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    What cool new stuff is in the upgrade Marc? I hadn't heard one was out.
    The latest update is not that new, but a lot of people haven't installed it yet in their Ghost. It did improve the anchor function.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    The new live units cause interference if mounted close to the gps puck.

11. Member
    if your boat is moving backwards it will move forward
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

12. Member
    So funny, the Garmin trolling motor had the same issue until the update came out about a month ago. Wonder if they have the same outside company programing the software for these things.

13. Member
    Any updates from those if you still bothered by this same issue? I have went round and round with Lowrance on this one and still have no findings. Everything works perfectly with the motor aside from the backing up on anchor mode.

14. Member
    Mine is so good at locking on the spot where I hit anchor it blows my mind my Ultrex wasn't even close to being as accurate. Doesn't matter what direction I'm going when I anchor either.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypistons View Post
    Mine is so good at locking on the spot where I hit anchor it blows my mind my Ultrex wasn't even close to being as accurate. Doesn't matter what direction I'm going when I anchor either.
    Mine too, after the last update was installed it has been spot on.
    ciao,
    Marc