Vessel View Mobile Location

Hey guys,

where are you guys mounting your module under the cowling on the 4 stroke pro xs?
    Occasionally it randomly disconnects while running I’m wondering if I have mine in a bad spot.
    The cord is only so long can’t really reach to the front and any where else it ca. Go it’s in the way of the hooks for the cowling when you go to put it back on.

side not does merc have a recommended location to mount it?

thanks in advance
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I was having the same issue with mine, so I attached it to the Starboard side of the plastic cover that is on the back of the engine. You have to be careful not to snag it when taking the cowling on and off, but since I moved it to that location it has not disconnected once for me.

3. Member
    Mine was a waste,would not stay connected either.Moved mine to under the console.Problem solved.
    Don can fix you up with the parts.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Mine was a waste,would not stay connected either.Moved mine to under the console.Problem solved.
    This may be your best option.

If you leave the 10-pin connector out of it's retainer, you can route the harness to exit the STB side of the electrical plate cover, and bring it up over the top (starboard side) of the engine to secure it to the Crankcase Vent Hose.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Can you post a picture of this location?
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    This may be your best option.

If you leave the 10-pin connector out of it's retainer, you can route the harness to exit the STB side of the electrical plate cover, and bring it up over the top (starboard side) of the engine to secure it to the Crankcase Vent Hose.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    same for me, get the parts from Don to move it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

7. Member
    Here are the 2 images i found in the Facebook Vessel View group. I can't attest to if it works as i have not bought a Vessel View yet but posting what i found.
    FB_IMG_1627226536924.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627226875525.jpg
    2021 Ranger 620FS Cup Edition / Mercury Pro XS 250
    1999 Ranger 620VS / 2015 Yamaha F200

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    Here are the 2 images i found in the Facebook Vessel View group. I can't attest to if it works as i have not bought a Vessel View yet but posting what i found.
    FB_IMG_1627226536924.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627226875525.jpg

9. Member
    Been slammed with work sorry for not replying sooner! Thanks!!! Going to try that location. I did confirm with Phoenix that I have… hell I forgot what it’s called, but whatever it is is ran to the ignition switch I can tie it in there just need one piece. But I’m gonna try that top of motor location first. I’ll report back Sunday I’ll be on water all weekend for a tourney.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    Hey guys,

where are you guys mounting your module under the cowling on the 4 stroke pro xs?
    Occasionally it randomly disconnects while running I’m wondering if I have mine in a bad spot.
    The cord is only so long can’t really reach to the front and any where else it ca. Go it’s in the way of the hooks for the cowling when you go to put it back on.

side not does merc have a recommended location to mount it?

thanks in advance
    If you want to pm me an email or cell number I can send you pics of mine on my 200 Pro XS 4 stroke. I have sent these pics to several members who used the same routing to solve the problem.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Is your way of routing different from the way that FESTO's pics show?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    If you want to pm me an email or cell number I can send you pics of mine on my 200 Pro XS 4 stroke. I have sent these pics to several members who used the same routing to solve the problem.

Curious about this as well. Can you post the pictures here so that others can reference this information?

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Here's what I've found works well (and provides a little extra harness to get the bluetooth module up high):

Attached Images Attached Images

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Awesome... thank you.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbtr196le View Post
    Curious about this as well. Can you post the pictures here so that others can reference this information?
    Old man not up to speed on posting the pictures but can email them to you and you can post them. Just pm me your email.

I have sent them to two people on here in the last couple of days by email. If any of you want to post my pictures that I sent to you I don't mind. If you want to include the source that would be nice.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

16. Member
    This new location on top worked! Not a single disconnect in 3 full days on the water. Obviously it disconnects when motors off for awhile but not once while running.

thanks again guys!!!!

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Old man not up to speed on posting the pictures but can email them to you and you can post them. Just pm me your email.

I have sent them to two people on here in the last couple of days by email. If any of you want to post my pictures that I sent to you I don't mind. If you want to include the source that would be nice.

If they're suitable let's make them available here. Email me the pictures and I can post them for you.