trailer for cx18 ss

Looking at the trailer winch used for the cx18 SS. It's a dutton lainson dlx1500. I looked it up on eTrailer and for boat pulling with
    Wooden bunks its pulling limit is 1500 lbs. That is less than the boat weighs. Any thoughts why a more stout winch isn't used? Anyone have any issues?

Thanks
    Greg

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Who winches their boat out of the water onto a trailer with dry bunks? All your winch should have to do is pull it up that last inch or two and hold it against the bow roller. I never have more than a foot of strap out and most of that is slack.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB7R View Post
    Looking at the trailer winch used for the cx18 SS. It's a dutton lainson dlx1500. I looked it up on eTrailer and for boat pulling with
    Wooden bunks its pulling limit is 1500 lbs. That is less than the boat weighs. Any thoughts why a more stout winch isn't used? Anyone have any issues?

Thanks
    Greg
    Many owners have went with Fulton g2. 2000 pd and even the 3200pd winches. Plus you have to wet your bunks first.These are on 20 and 21ft boats. Check out caymas, tips,tricks, sales page for more information.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Many owners have went with Fulton g2. 2000 pd and even the 3200pd winches. Plus you have to wet your bunks first.These are on 20 and 21ft boats. Check out caymas, tips,tricks, sales page for more information.
    Thanks Bill...I'll do that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    unfortunately I cannot find that page.

6. Member
    Its on fb

7. Member

Thanks
    Greg
    I put a 3200 on mine with the two speed switch over, i have back problems so i had to make it easier when i don't just power load it, which i usually do!! Best trailer Earl has ever put under a boat in my opinion!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I put a 3200 on mine with the two speed switch over, i have back problems so i had to make it easier when i don't just power load it, which i usually do!! Best trailer Earl has ever put under a boat in my opinion!!
    Thanks. Same problems here.

9. Member
    Thanks. Same problems here.

10. Member
    "You have to wet your bunks"......how in the world are you guys backing your trailer in to load your boat "WITHOUT" getting your bunks wet. Makes no sense!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    "You have to wet your bunks"......how in the world are you guys backing your trailer in to load your boat "WITHOUT" getting your bunks wet. Makes no sense!
    I do wet my bunks but some of our ramps I use are a little shallow go sometimes I have to winch a little to get it loaded all the way up!!