Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Threads like these crack me up. We're the same group that celebrates low prices, and getting a "steal" at the dealership. For the life of me I can't see how they can afford to sell them so cheap...oh yeah, outsource every single thing possible to drive the manufacturing cost down.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

2. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    How is this not impacting Spartan motors also....?? Don't you guys basically retrofit US made vehicles??
    Millions of people are being negatively impacted by this chip shortage from many different industries....I hardly think it is something to celebrate....Hopefully those that make manufacturing decisions can adjust so it doesnt happen again.
    Oh, I'm sure Spartan Motors is affected.

We're affected by shortages in our industry too. Just like everything, supply is low, but not because of a chip shortage.

Not sure I was celebrating just because I said "Karma", but I TRULY never feel sad when the automotive companies are affected
    They have cannibalized way too many of their own suppliers. Thank God we told the last one to kick rocks years ago.

I am bummed, however, as I was ready to buy another F150.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Threads like these crack me up. We're the same group that celebrates low prices, and getting a "steal" at the dealership. For the life of me I can't see how they can afford to sell them so cheap...oh yeah, outsource every single thing possible to drive the manufacturing cost down.
    Former plant manager where we produced parts for auto manufacturers. Unfortunately, auto manufacturers set the price and routinely do pop up audits to make sure your still producing 100 pieces per hour and not more. If your producing more, they expect less per piece.

Just told by Lincoln customer service getting loaners is about impossible now due to the chip shortage and dealers selling all of their inventory and unable to get new loaners. We had to book over 6 weeks out to get a loaner for normal service and the cam phaser recall. We got a loaner but it’s a very small one, not a normal Navigator like we usually get.

As usual, our Lincoln dealer sucks. Service guy just told my wife he had no idea about the cam phaser recall and he was glad she told him about it. We like the Navigator, hate the customer service.

5. Banned
    Wife was in market for new vehicle, Ford Explorer Platinum( she wouldn't leave my F150 massaging seats alone, LOL) local dealer only had 2 a base model and XLT.
    No help, out of town dealer luckily had exactly what she wanted, didn't come much off the MSRP. Sign of times I recken.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Wife was in market for new vehicle, Ford Explorer Platinum( she wouldn't leave my F150 massaging seats alone, LOL) local dealer only had 2 a base model and XLT.
    No help, out of town dealer luckily had exactly what she wanted, didn't come much off the MSRP. Sign of times I recken.
    It is almost like the housing market. You can sell your old car for alot but have to pay up for a new one.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    JIT. Just in time manufacturing. The supply chain is "lean" but if something happens the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.
    Just in time supply is nothing new, the US Navy switched to this model in the late 80's. Used to carry a 90 day supply of repair parts on aircraft carriers. When They switched to a 30 day supply lots of aircraft would be hard down for simple parts that we used to carry plenty of. Every squadron would have one hanger queen that they would rob parts from. After going to just in time supply those numbers jumped to 3 or 4 aircraft per squadron.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Just told by Lincoln customer service getting loaners is about impossible now due to the chip shortage and dealers selling all of their inventory and unable to get new loaners. We had to book over 6 weeks out to get a loaner for normal service and the cam phaser recall. We got a loaner but it’s a very small one, not a normal Navigator like we usually get.

As usual, our Lincoln dealer sucks. Service guy just told my wife he had no idea about the cam phaser recall and he was glad she told him about it. We like the Navigator, hate the customer service.
    I haven't heard many complaints involving Lincoln dealerships. Sorry you're dealing with this. There has been a TSB on 3.5 ecos for your issue and timing chains stretching for quite some time. I can't remember the TSB number, but last I heard if you've heard the rattle upon start up, the dealers are supposed to perform the TSB without question. I firmly believe we will see some litigation concerning this matter soon, as it is quite common and they have sold a lot these 3.5 ecos, My '13 developed the issue at around 70k miles, My '18 developed the issue at 18k miles. I would seek out a new Lincoln dealer in the future if you buy another one.

9. Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Is it any wonder why pickup trucks are the most profitable vehicle in the product line?
    Fyi the chip shortage is ALL on the US failure to build our own chips. Once again falling to short sighted companies that set the bottom line above every thing else.
    That may be the cause but their milking it for what its worth. Another avenue for big companies to make more money. Who suffers? Common folks!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    I haven't heard many complaints involving Lincoln dealerships. Sorry you're dealing with this. There has been a TSB on 3.5 ecos for your issue and timing chains stretching for quite some time. I can't remember the TSB number, but last I heard if you've heard the rattle upon start up, the dealers are supposed to perform the TSB without question. I firmly believe we will see some litigation concerning this matter soon, as it is quite common and they have sold a lot these 3.5 ecos, My '13 developed the issue at around 70k miles, My '18 developed the issue at 18k miles. I would seek out a new Lincoln dealer in the future if you buy another one.

Thanks, we asked to have it fixed last service (at least 6 months ago) but they didn’t do it and kept it two weeks just for an oil change. I’m sure part of the issue is we didn’t buy it at the servicing dealer, tried but they didn’t have one when we got it. I think I’m going to just drive it to where we bought it from now on, we’ve had it serviced there before and had no issues. It’s on the south side of Houston and not a fun drive.

I will say when I call Lincoln customer service on the phone they have been very nice and they have gotten involved with our servicing dealer more than once. The lady I spoke to told me it didn’t matter where I bought it, the customer service should be the same at any dealer.

The cam phaser rattle has gotten really bad on the Navigator, sounds terrible and really loud on startup. Runs great, no difference there, just the startup.

This particular Lincoln dealer is combined with a large Ford dealership which I also think is part of the issue. The Lincoln’s go to the Quicklane with all of the other vehicles. The service advisor told us today they don’t even look at the recalls or anything else for regular service, it normally has to be scheduled separately, is that normal? We specifically asked for the cam phaser repair on the last service and I’m almost positive on the one before that also.
    Last edited by C130; 07-26-2021 at 07:18 PM.

12. Banned
    Not Ford but I stopped into Chevy Friday to check my spot in line for the new vette. I was 24 on the list and I'm 22 now and I placed a deposit 5 months ago. He said things are so messed up that you won't see cars on the lot until 2024. But mine won't take that long, maybe next year at this time. I got my deposit back. I'm over it and I sense a market crash. Id rather spend the cash on another home. Salesman said if someone backs out he will call me. We'll see.

13. Member
    Thanks, we asked to have it fixed last service (at least 6 months ago) but they didn’t do it and kept it two weeks just for an oil change. I’m sure part of the issue is we didn’t buy it at the servicing dealer, tried but they didn’t have one when we got it. I think I’m going to just drive it to where we bought it from now on, we’ve had it serviced there before and had no issues. It’s on the south side of Houston and not a fun drive.

I will say when I call Lincoln customer service on the phone they have been very nice and they have gotten involved with our servicing dealer more than once. The lady I spoke to told me it didn’t matter where I bought it, the customer service should be the same at any dealer.

The cam phaser rattle has gotten really bad on the Navigator, sounds terrible and really loud on startup. Runs great, no difference there, just the startup.

This particular Lincoln dealer is combined with a large Ford dealership which I also think is part of the issue. The Lincoln’s go to the Quicklane with all of the other vehicles. The service advisor told us today they don’t even look at the recalls or anything else for regular service, it normally has to be scheduled separately, is that normal? We specifically asked for the cam phaser repair on the last service and I’m almost positive on the one before that also.
    I'm not sure what is normal anymore. I'm a Ford employee and I don't know of any Lincoln dealers that share service through quick lane here in Michigan. Best advice at this point is to go through Lincoln customer service and make sure they know that you are aware of the TSB, and tell them this particular dealer refuses to recognize said TSB. Google 3.5 ecoboost cam phaser rattle/TSB you will see how far this goes back and that it is a very common issue.

One more note, eventually it will get bad enough to where the engine will jump time and throw a code that will greatly reduce power. I hope you get this resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    That may be the cause but their milking it for what its worth. Another avenue for big companies to make more money. Who suffers? Common folks!
    Very true. But we've been suffering long before this current "crisis." All the folks that buy big 4x4 pickups to use as daily drivers, something that they can jack up, drop, squat, offset, etc. have been driving up the prices on trucks for those of us that actually use them for work and/or towing boats. Can't really blame the Big Three for trying to squeeze every dollar they can...it's the American Way.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    It is almost like the housing market. You can sell your old car for alot but have to pay up for a new one.
    Almost, except even if you're willing to pay the higher cost...you can't find one. My 2018 Mega Cab with 60,000 miles is worth what I paid for it three years ago. I was quite willing to trade it in and start the payments over again...but I can't find a similar Mega Cab anywhere.
    2016 Nitro Z21

16. Member
    Its not just Auto industry thats is hurting. We put in a $5 million order with Dell several months ago for servers with a ton of procs. We cant even get a ship date.

I found your ford trucks https://www.facebook.com/10000874963...36671017523570.

I am being told 3-5 years to catch up. This country doesn't have the infrastructure in place to produce enough chips and we have pissed off the countries that do. So dont expect a lot of concern from them.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    yea you might want to wait on that unless you want the shudder

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/field...5/#post6994538

if you already have the rattle you need be cam phasers 1st. all that update does is try to stop it before it starts.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post

Traded my 2021 Ram 1500 4x4 for $6000 more than I paid for it 7 months ago. Found a dealership with a particular sedan I wanted that had 11. Bought the sedan for under MSRP with rebates. Saved another $1800 on tax savings.

I keep my boat on a lift and can drive it to a marina for service from my selling Ranger dealer. I'll buy another truck down the line.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    There are 50,000 2021 Ford trucks sitting outside Louisville waiting on chips.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123