Thread: Old fart sticks

Old fart sticks

Getting back into the game more since retiring. Swing speed and distance just not what it once was. Current sticks don’t fit with ability any longer. Looking for advice on what to start looking into and outlets that perform fitting.
    Thank you.

agxgolf. They are semi custom. I use their same length irons with a plus 2in length. The carry senior shafted clubs.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Since you are in Tullahoma, Nashville is a pretty easy drive for you and it gives you some options. The two biggest and best in the area are Profectus Golf and Club Champion.

5. Member
    Thank you. Nashville is the closest fitter I found browsing internet today. Appreciate the recommend. Two hits I got were chain stores with not so good reviews.

6. Member
    Check the local pro shops.
    Make sure they have equipment to measure distance, height, accuracy, swing speed and ball speed etc.
    As I got older the one big change was to shaft weight. Lighter shaft made my shot more accurate and you could see that in the progression on the screens. So even when you find one you like, ask them to put different shafts in the club head so you can really dial it it.

Golf Galaxy usually has a Golf TEC pro who knows what he is doing on fittings. Find that guy. The others are come and go employees. But some have really helped me find some irons I really like. Those TEC pro may charge for a fitting but give you a refund if you buy from them. The others don’t charge, but they can do the work. I would say plan on dropping in several times and just try what you think might work or their suggestions.

I tried the Taylor Made RS 4’s when my game was deteriorating and only playing weekends. Lost the feel for the swing and club. Gave them up and went to the Taylor Made 760 which is forged and yet looks like a blade. Great feel. Love those clubs.

Also look for a club tryout day at the local courses where you can try several different brands.