Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I see this IPA label quite a bit, What does it stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I see this IPA label quite a bit, What does it stand for?
    India Pale Ale. Somewhat like certain beers are Lagers, Pilsners, Porters, etc... IPA's are style of beer that is typically hoppy/bitter in taste.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

3. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    An economy choice Ive been drinking since i discovered them is the Kirkland brand IPA from Costco. It is pretty good and $19.99 for 24.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 07-26-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    First time II tried voodoo ranger I got the regular one, took it home and like it very well. I didn't know they had the imperial. About a week later I stopped by the store to get a six pack and picked up the imperial (unknowingly). I was doing something out in the garage and ended up drinking 5 of them and hadn't ate much that day. That stuff kicked my tail.
    It’s a pretty exciting time in Claiborne County these days, now that the county allowed liquor to be sold in stores. Of course, it didn’t open until a month after we moved away, lol. But I went back to visit, popped in the store and was pleasantly surprised to see a big variety of spirits and high gravity beers.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

5. Member
    Yeah we got a liquor store just in time. I just started trying some bourbons a couple years ago.

6. Member
    The Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA is one of my favorite IPA’s. I’d say it’s in my top five, with my current favorite being the Dogfish Head 90 minute imperial IPA. Now if you want an IPA that will really sneak up on you try the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA when it is available. It is 15-20% ABV.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    I tried one of the Voodoo Rangers a while ago, can't remember which one. I'm a big IPA fan, but I didn't care for it.
    +1
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    India Pale Ale. Somewhat like certain beers are Lagers, Pilsners, Porters, etc... IPA's are style of beer that is typically hoppy/bitter in taste.
    This correct. If you like the taste of grass, weeds, dirt, etc you will love an IPA.....

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    This correct. If you like the taste of grass, weeds, dirt, etc you will love an IPA.....
    You should stick to your Natural Light then.

Interesting history of the IPA - the British troops stationed in India wanted their beer. Shipping it from the homeland was a long journey and it often arrived spoiled. The breweries significantly increased the amount of hops as a natural preservative so it would make the journey, and a new "style" of beer was born, the IPA. Something along those lines anyway!

I am a fan of a good hoppy IPA. The Voodoo Ranger Imperial is one that I enjoy as well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    Thanks.

I don't drink Beer anymore so I had no idea what it stood for. Rum and Pepsi works for me.

12. Banned
    id never remember that name after about 5 of them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12