Lowrance Elite-7HDI will not recognize update

I'm trying to load the latest update for my elite 7HDI and it will not recognize the update file to load it. I cannot load any social maps either not sure if the card reader is bad or if i have something wrong in the setup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Is the mSD card less than 32 MB? Does the file end in a .upd extension? If both criteria are met, the update will load automatically.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    it is a 32GB card and yes it .upd file extension. When I go to browse files it shows the update just doesnt give me the option to load it.

4. Member
    You don’t browse to an automatic update. Turn off the unit, insert the card with the update in the root directory of an empty card. Then, turn on the unit and follow the screen directions. Everything will happen automatically. Just follow the screen instructions.

NoCAL
    2B112175

5. Member
    yes, it does not auto load is the problem, just wasn't sure if there was something I was missing. Does it have to be an empty card with just the update on it or can there be other files also?

6. Member
    Should be empty with the update file in the root directory. I would try downloading the update again. Are you doing the V 6.0 or the GPS patch update? The patch update should also contain V 6.0 so just do that one.
    2B112175

7. Member
    Elite HDI where pickey when it comes to memorycards. Try another card.

8. Member
    The card must have been the problem. I switched it and the update worked. now just have to get the social maps working. Thanks for the help.