Thread: Jerk bait rod.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Pretty hard to imagine 1 jerk bait road that can do it all with jerk baits from flash pointer to Kanata.
    Agree with this, I have several Jb rods, and each has a size range for Jbs where they perform the best Being in clear water its a heavy used technique around here. What performs for a 78 pointer is not good for a +2. or a spoonbill. Had 4 different Jb setups out last night, and in the wind and rain, I had a good night, I doubt I could have only used one rod for the different baits I was throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Agree with this, I have several Jb rods, and each has a size range for Jbs where they perform the best Being in clear water its a heavy used technique around here. What performs for a 78 pointer is not good for a +2. or a spoonbill. Had 4 different Jb setups out last night, and in the wind and rain, I had a good night, I doubt I could have only used one rod for the different baits I was throwing.
    See post # 35

3. Member
    I’ll recommend the dobyns Sierra 682c

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    No point in spending a lot. Tatula 701MRB is amazing. I've caught tons of fish throwing 110s, +1s, jrs, etc
    This is my Jackal Rerange 110 and 110mr rod, just perfect for that bait.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The Tatula 701MLRB and 701MRB are both very good jerk bait rods. Some guys prefer the lighter power of the ML, some guys like the Medium. Either way, they both have a nice deeper flex to the blank, load and cast nicely, and keep fish pinned.

I also really like the Tatula Elite 6'9" MLRB Seth Feider for jerk baits. Being a little shorter, it helps prevent smacking the water on the quick downward snap.
    Fan of my Tatula Elite! Use it for light topwater as well

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    I got my MB Levante jerk bait special and love the rod. The only thing I don't like is the location of the hook/bait keeper.....it's under the handle! Can't imagine anyone thinking this a good location for it. Only fished it a couple of times and stabbed myself once already Otherwise it's a great rod.
    Have caught several fish on this rod and can't get over how well it casts for one but more importantly how well it keeps fish buttoned up. I mostly throw the SK KVD 300 series jerks and am continually amazed at how well this rod lands fish. It is by far the best jerkbait rod I have ever used
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

7. Member
    I don’t throw jerkbaits a lot but I have two GLoomis jerk bait rods. One is Med power and the other is MH power. I’m happy with both.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123