Livescope is just alright with me...

Man...out fishing after having boat in the shop for MONTHS! I missed my Livescope so much and got right to it. Dropshot fishing a point with lots of submerged trees. I'm sitting there taking for granted that I'm able to lift my lure over trees and drop it down into the clear areas!

Now, if I could just figure out how to get the big ones that come and sniff it to take a bite! LOL

2. Member
    I feel your pain…I too can’t catch the big ones.

3. Member
    I see a lot of fish in brush piles,I’m not so sure they are bass. I can see them scatter as my lute hits the brush and then flock back in after. It’s like watching a school of shad scatter then close up. I can’t tell what kind of fish I’m seeing though. I can tell big ones from little ones but no idea what they are.It’s kinda frustrating to look at a big fish and can’t get it to bite,but it might be a carp or cat or whatever.

4. Member
    I agree they may be some other species...especially when they fill an entire square on the grid! So fun to watch and learn their behavior. Maybe I'll find something that works more generally. I did notice a Damiki rig caught all kinds of fish in the winter but it didn't seem to interest them recently. Live bait may be the best way to get an answer.

5. Member
    Could be carp or catfish. On two occasions I had large catfish come screaming in for the attack, that was really neat to see. Both times I was fishing crappie with 6lb line. I caught the first one, 24”. The second one was HUGE! I’d wager 40”, maybe bigger but I didn’t even try, I grabbed my bail and let it break. No way was I going to chase that guy around the lake for an hour or two. This lake held the state record flathead in Pa for a LONG time, maybe I could have reclaimed it….I’ll never know. ;)

6. Member
    Great story! Was that a minnow for bait?

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    When the cats come running at your bait and you see the size of them on livescope your just waiting for the hit!nothing like it.

8. Member
    1” gulp minnow.

9. Member
    so you would rather catch another crappie than a state record catfish?

10. Member
    Here kitty, kitty...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    so you would rather catch another crappie than a state record catfish?
    In that situation, yes! Imagine running down a 40lb+ fish with 6lb line. If actually achieved, reviving that fish would probably not be achieved. Not worth it.

12. Member
    Imagine running down a 40lb+ fish with 6lb line.
    as long as i landed it, it would be awesome!

13. Member
    Getting pretty good at casting and finding the bait during retrieval. Part of that was realizing 40-60 ft is really not that far away. I'm fascinated by the ability of fish to ignore a swimbait that appears to bounce right off their nose. At this rate, I may try an Alabama rig with nothing but treble hooks. The AR dragnet...you heard it here first!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyRulz View Post
    At this rate, I may try an Alabama rig with nothing but treble hooks. The AR dragnet...you heard it here first!
    I like it!