Scorpion pitch for Suzuki

My buddy picked up a blazer 595 with a Suzuki 200 on it with the old 2.5:1 gear ratio. It came with a 28 bravo on it but it's not enough prop. He's on the limiter with trim and throttle to go in the low 60's.
    Been reading alot about Suzuki's and it seems alot of people are happy with the Solas scorpion so he's looking at picking one up to see how it does but, we aren't really sure what pitch to get.
    I know bravo's turn light on pitch and from what I've read the scorpion turns stiff so I was thinking a 27 or 28 would be right but the gear ratio throws me for a loop.
    So what do you guys think?

2. Member
    I have a feeling that a scorpion will have a lot more cup in the blades and possibly more rake. With that being said I'd probably start with a 27 or 28 and see what happens. Maybe find a shop that will let you try a couple different props. Some places will exchange props for different pitches as long as the prop is still in new condition. I'm no expert on props but I can tell you that 3 different 21p props on my boat all run different and I finally settled on a 21p 3 blade from solas and it runs great. I have a Suzuki 115 on my 18' javelin.