Mercury v8 prop/ motor issue.

SN 2B573392. Had a problem today. Ran good then on run in felt like I spin a hub. RPM’s 4000 which is usually around 45 mph but now 30 and boat porpoised like prop did not want hold on plane. Prop loaded boat on trailer but when I put in neutral and gave it a little gas there was prop wash just like prop still turning. Checked Vessel View. Had a fault code 1109-23–Emergency Stop Activated—Check lanyard- key engine off and restart—if problem persists service engine. I did stop and turned engine off to check prop for weeds i case that was it but still had problem. I checked hub at home and looks fine. Any ideas?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    E-stop is your lanyard switch. It can also be set if you turn key to the START position while the engine is already running.

Make sure you don't have a bunch of water in the boat hull. If not, you may want to get this in to a dealer and have it checked.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    When I put in reverse to blow weeds off I hit high RPM's. Could this have triggered the guardian. That is when the problem started. If so, will the guardian clear itself?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That "could" cause Guardian, but in that scenario, once that condition ceases (and the engine returns to NEUTRAL/IDLE, Guardian would no longer be active).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks. Nice to have you for these questions.

7. Member
    if you put it in reverse and hammered it, you probably did mess the hub up. I did it once.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045