Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bass1 View Post
    I like this idea too!
    Count me in
    Skip Bogert-- Kempton, Pa
    2019 Ranger Rt 188 ( fusion )-115 Pro XS- MK ultrex

2. Member
    There were a lot more canoeists at our favorite camp in Canada couple weeks ago

Its everywhere

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Fishing on the Susquehanna has been phenomenal, between monsoons anyway. Looks like it'll be blown up for the next week, then the fall bite should get started.

that's cause you have the good part of the susky! lol i'm in the falls region. it's fine but not like down danville and further. my kids have a ball going for cats up my buddy's place. it's always a muddy good time.

the river this summer has been a mess for us. i fished from my buddy's river jet once only. we didn't even go for cats this summer. it was always too high to have a decent shoreline that i didn't have to worry about loosing a kid. i have ben watching it all week. still really muddy and at 3 feet. i need it at 2 or under for us to be able to get to where we like to go.

4. Member
    The Pak was tough yesterday, scrapped out 1 keeper and one just short. Water was pretty warm yet. Saw 66 degrees in the morning and 68 by the EOD.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

5. Member
    Ever since they lowered it we have been doing pretty bad. 8 smallies last weekend up there the largest was 18 inches. Rest sinks or barely legal. and 10 the week before that. 1 largemouth in that group. The large mouth was 19. The smallies 14 and smaller.

before they lowered it we were having some nice days up there. Not like the guys that fish it daily and know it like thier back yards but I felt we were doing well. Fish seem to be deep now. The guys with all the tech goodies like live views and 360 have to be having a somewhat easier time in that deeper water. Crank bait bite is Deff not on yet. Hopefully soon.

Jim

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    The Pak was tough yesterday, scrapped out 1 keeper and one just short. Water was pretty warm yet. Saw 66 degrees in the morning and 68 by the EOD.
    up Henry yesterday water was 60 then 62 by 11. I was very surprised it was so low already.

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    up Henry yesterday water was 60 then 62 by 11. I was very surprised it was so low already.
    I fish Lake Henry a lot. I dont see where it is low ??? I live 2 minutes from there. How did you soon Henry??
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    I fish Lake Henry a lot. I dont see where it is low ??? I live 2 minutes from there. How did you soon Henry??
    Water temp. Sorry. I didn't think the water temp would have dropped so quick with just a few nights of cooler weather. Water was down also but I assume cause it was so high all season cause of all our rain.

Mmmmh not a great day. Mid June it was awesome. We had a blast a few nights but then it died off and didn't come back yet. I figured if anything the pickerel bite would be in full effect. lol

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Water temp was 63.8 today. Yeah. The pickerel are on fire but so are the big bass.
    We got 12 pickerel and 6 bass today. My buddy got a 5.24 largie on a NEKO rig.
    Today was the last day to launch at Claytons campground. They close for the season tomorrow.
    Headed to Prompton and Duck Harbor next week. The pack is very low and i dont trust it. Here is a pic of the 5.24 from ttoday
    Attachment 467401
    Last edited by Pokie Pa; 10-14-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

10. Member
    Nice fish man. My buddy is going to prompt on Sunday. I want to get to Belmont again this season. I really want to get a few walleye for dinner for my parents and wife and myself.

I forgot that Clayton was closing. They said it’s getting pretty tough to launch at the pack this week. We struggled last Saturday a bit getting off. I was told it is at its lowest it’s going to be so that’s good. Only up from here. I think this lowering killed the fall frenzy. I hope it didn’t but we will see.

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Jimim
    I never fished Belmont. I have to check it out. When Id want walleye, I used to go to the Susky. I sold my jet boat so I don’t go there anymore. I got some nice eyes on the Pack in May a few years back, but have not gone recently.
    Let me know how your bud makes out on Prompton. I am going out Tuesday but not sure if Prompton or Duck Harbor.
    Tight Lines.....
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    Jimim
    I never fished Belmont. I have to check it out. When Id want walleye, I used to go to the Susky. I sold my jet boat so I don’t go there anymore. I got some nice eyes on the Pack in May a few years back, but have not gone recently.
    Let me know how your bud makes out on Prompton. I am going out Tuesday but not sure if Prompton or Duck Harbor.
    Tight Lines.....
    ahhhh now he isn't going cause he doesn't want to go alone. I have been working Sunday's so I can't go with him. Saturday's all my buddies are hunting so I'm on and off with fishing. I'll pre-fish on Saturday's with another friend to help him find fish.

I like Belmont. Watch the ramp for Belmont if you go. it's pretty wonky. we usually launch to the left on it looking at the water. We got a really nice eye the one night up there while bass fishing. it hit like a ton of bricks I said "oh this is going to be a nice fish" we net it and I go "well it isn't a pig smallie but it's diner. fill the Livewell". my dad was very happy with his present. lol. I got 2 up the pack this summer while bass fishing. both pretty nice too. I get them so randomly I usually take them if they are fairly large so the 2 fillets feed 2 people with ease.

my one buddy has a jet boat so we get on the susky when we can. I love fishing the river. this summer I don't think it ever got below 3 feet for more than 4-5 days. I take my kids a lot from the shore up a friends property in falls for channel cats. they have a blast. we will go for small bluegills during the day and then go up at night to use them as cut bait. they have a blast. it always makes for a muddy chaotic night. lol. they fight so good and they are always so big up his place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123