Ordering a new Z20 Pro

Wondering if anyone has experience with the Cool Guard Livewell system and whether it's worth an additional $595. Also, anyone know if they corrected the Port Under Deck Storage drawer issue that earlier year models of Z20 had. I'd like to have that option added if it acts like the Z21 drawer does.

Thanks,

BWiles

2. Member
    WE have only ordered a couple with the Cool Guard. If you are a serious, summertime tourney angler it may help on occasion. The basic livewells are a really good system if used properly. You also lose some storage.
    We have not had any complaints about the storage drawer and it is very popular.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback tnsnow. After doing some research, coupled with your comments, I’m not going to order the Cool Guard. I am going to order the storage drawer.

4. Member
    Get the 250 hp motor.

5. Member
    Definitely….wasn’t even a debate

6. Member
    Did you custom build the boat or go with the pro package and How long will your wait be for the boat? Also- Congrats. :)

7. Member
    I went with a 225 on my Z20 Pro because of a shorter wait time and I’m not a speed freak…..NOW I regret not going with the 250. I’ve hit 68 during the initial break-in but now I want a comfy 70+.

Definitely get a custom paint job and a middle cleat.

Post them pics when you get her!

8. Member
    I’m doing a custom build with a custom paint job. I saw virtually the exact color scheme I want on a boat Pro’s Choice Marine had. I’ve emailed them a couple of times to see if they would give me the color scheme, but so far no response. I have a pretty good idea what the scheme is, but dropping that amount of $$$ I want to be sure of the scheme since it will look different than the Nitro tool.

the dealer told me it would be about six weeks maybe a bit longer for delivery after the order is placed. If I can get settled on the color, I’ll place the order this week.

9. Member
    I did a custom order as well in June. They told me up to 5 months wait? Hope the dealer is way off on that! I sent them a photo of the custom color scheme I want.

10. Member
    I ordered a Z19 Pro a few weeks ago and BPS told me 12 weeks.

11. Member
    I'd been hearing up to 12 weeks, but I went into the OKC Cabela's and the sales manager told me 6 weeks. I was surprised because of what I had been hearing as far as delivery timing. He told me getting fiberglass and the boat built isn't the issue, but getting a Mercury 250 might delay the process. he said aluminum is backordered and he had 7 or 8 pontoons on order that he doesn't know when they will deliver. If it's 6 weeks I'm fine with it, if it's 12 weeks I'm fine with it. I'm in no hurry, I can use the boat I have now until the new one comes in.

Just curious, how do you know which panels on the seats are primary accent, accent vinyl and second accent vinyl? I'm tempted to just make all three of them the same, but wondered what others had done. I'm either going all charcoal, all marble or a combination of the two with the blueberry accent welt

12. Member
    I looked at colors on boats at Pro's Choice Marine.
    The boat below has Primary=Marble, Accent=Charcoal, Secondary Accent=Marble, Welt = Blueberry, It is the standard color PR120:
    https://www.proschoicemarine.com/inv...5355-11060241i I ordered these seats

The Boat below I believe has Primary=Marble, Accent=Marble, Second Accent=Charcoal, and Welt=Blueberry:
    https://www.proschoicemarine.com/inv...5355-11073714i

At least I hope!!! My dealer and I looked at an existing build sheet for a Z18 they had on the lot to confirm locations of the accents.

Probably should confirm with the dealer, but.... the literature my dealer had did not have the same naming scheme for the seat accents as the build a boat section on the website. Thus we looked at an existing boat

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwiles View Post
    I'd been hearing up to 12 weeks, but I went into the OKC Cabela's and the sales manager told me 6 weeks. I was surprised because of what I had been hearing as far as delivery timing. He told me getting fiberglass and the boat built isn't the issue, but getting a Mercury 250 might delay the process. he said aluminum is backordered and he had 7 or 8 pontoons on order that he doesn't know when they will deliver. If it's 6 weeks I'm fine with it, if it's 12 weeks I'm fine with it. I'm in no hurry, I can use the boat I have now until the new one comes in.

Just curious, how do you know which panels on the seats are primary accent, accent vinyl and second accent vinyl? I'm tempted to just make all three of them the same, but wondered what others had done. I'm either going all charcoal, all marble or a combination of the two with the blueberry accent welt
    Well. I'm hoping for 6-8 weeks on my build.. Worried that my hold up is going to be the 2 Helix 12's i requested. As far as the seat colors!!!! I literally had to send a photo of what i wanted for the colors because the dealer had no answer for me on the seat accents and obviously the Nitro website is of Zero help on the interior color options.

14. Member
    I said I was told 6 weeks, that’s incorrect I was actually told 60 days which is roughly 8 weeks

15. Member
    If you look in Nitro brochure they give you breakdowns for colors on the seats, hull, and deck. https://www.nitro.com/brochures.html

16. Member
    The brochure (2021, have not seen a 2022) is not helpful, hard to say where the accents are actually placed on the seat. below is screenshot from brochure:
    seat2.jpg

While this is the layout from the dealer we used to order my seats but the naming of the seat panels is different:
    seat.jpeg

This numbering scheme seems to agree with all of the boats I have looked at on-line.
    Hope this helps, this was the hardest part about ordering my boat!!!

17. Member
    That definitely helps with the seats, thank McLean and HHHOGGG

18. Member
    It’s official, the order has been placed and now nothing left to do but wait. Salesman told me 8-12 weeks, he wasn’t willing to quote the 60 days the sales manager told me last weekend.