Pole light bases - 2 wire vs 3 wire

The gray wire came out of the 3 wire socket on the bow light pole base on my '95 Cajun and doesn't appear to be something I can fix without replacing the assembly. I looked online and can only find replacement units for a 2 wire application, so I assume the 3 wire versions have all migrated to the 2 wire within the boating community. Is there any special I need to do when wiring the 2 wire in place of the 3 wire version?

3 wire usually have a little clear interior light also on it
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

West Marine has them, I just ordered the same yesterday as I ripped through the lines installing TM plug.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    West Marine has them, I just ordered the same yesterday as I ripped through the lines installing TM plug.

Found a couple that may work. Thanks.

5. Member
    I have three wires, gray, red and black. Does anyone know which wires go to which pins in the socket? The original socket wires broke free from the base so I'm unsure which pins receive which colored wire. Thanks.

After some googling it appears that the black wire is ground, red wire is map light and grey wire is navigation light.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    After some googling it appears that the black wire is ground, red wire is map light and grey wire is navigation light.
    Thanks but doesn't answer my question, I found that as well on google. Specifically the question was in regards to the individual pins within the socket base, I'm not sure which wires go to each pin.