Built in US2 ducer with G1 Helix?

2 part question here.
    First, I have an Ultrex with the US2 system (non mega, built in, round ducer). I have a G1 Helix 10 that I'm debating swapping my Helix 7 Mdi for. I called HB and they said I needed this ducer for the G1 10:
    XTM-9-WIDE-DI-20-T

If I end up using the 10, will that built in ducer in my Ultrex work with the 10?

Second part; to clean things up that I wasn't using (cable management), I removed one cable from the Ultrex and tucked the other inside the head unit (one could be removed, the other was sealed in and cannot be removed). Which cable is which? Meaning, what does the cable that I could not remove go to? I believe the one I did remove (threaded coupler on each end) would go to the Helix, yes?

2. Member
    What model is the Helix 10 ? Is it a DI model ?
    You can use the built-in transducer but you have to select it from the list offered in the unit.

There are two cables coming out of the Ultrex, one for the I Pilot link and one for the transducer. Again it would help if you identified the Ultrex. The cables both go to the Helix 10.

I think that the cable that can be removed ( the silver connector) is for the US2. The other (sealed) for the I Pilot link

3. Member
    I just ran through all of the screens and it looks like it's just 2d sonar; and thats all I will be using it for anyway. I don't use Di

And I think you are right; the cable I removed goes to the ducer (with adapter) and the non-removeable one is for the link.
    Which that gives me the "go to" feature? Where the Ultrex will take me to a given waypoint if I ask it to?

4. Member
    Why did HB suggest a DI transducer if your Helix 10 is a non-DI unit ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    Why did HB suggest a DI transducer if your Helix 10 is a non-DI unit ?

I wondered the same thing. I was already off the phone with them when I realized this. I've tried calling back and was put on permahold.