Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2* Trim Wedge Install

My 2* wedges came yesterday from Bob's Machine. Anyone in here done an install themselves? I'm not going to take it to the dealer. Just wondering what is the best way to go about it to support the engine during this process. Will the stock bolts work? Just looking for some pointers to make it as easy as possible. Thanks in advance!

Daniel

2. Member
    Alex Whetherall posted his specs for the 2" wedges on FB Caymas tricks and tips if that helps. I believe the post was in March or April of 2021.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoey5408 View Post
    Alex Whetherall posted his specs for the 2" wedges on FB Caymas tricks and tips if that helps. I believe the post was in March or April of 2021.
    +1

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    My 2* wedges came yesterday from Bob's Machine. Anyone in here done an install themselves? I'm not going to take it to the dealer. Just wondering what is the best way to go about it to support the engine during this process. Will the stock bolts work? Just looking for some pointers to make it as easy as possible. Thanks in advance!

Daniel
    I have put them on before here at home with the help with a buddy, get a 2x4 place under the skeg and raise the tongue until your skeg is setting on the 2x4, loosen the bolts while your buddy balances the engine and change them out, i always use a host at work when doing that because we got everything i needed right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I have put them on before here at home with the help with a buddy, get a 2x4 place under the skeg and raise the tongue until your skeg is setting on the 2x4, loosen the bolts while your buddy balances the engine and change them out, i always use a host at work when doing that because we got everything i needed right there.
    Thanks Rodney. I was wondering if it could be done this way with some help.

Got the wedges installed yesterday. Definitely a 2 person job with a hoist. Now we test this weekend!

7. Member
    Got the wedges installed yesterday. Definitely a 2 person job with a hoist. Now we test this weekend!
    Please keep us informed, also is yours a 20 or21 year model??

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Please keep us informed, also is yours a 20 or21 year model??
    It's a 20 year model CX21. Might get out on the water this evening for some results! Gonna try the 23 Razor XL first and then back to the 24 Fury

Performance update after 2 * wedge install. 85 degree air temp..100% humidity...85 deg water temp. Today is our hottest day of the year. Air thick enough to cut it with a spoon. First try was with the 23 Razor XL. No change in top speed. Still 69 with my fat butt and livewells empty. 4 lead batts and all my gear. Still love that prop for my small lake. Next up I had my 24 Fury sent to Mark and he made it like new. It was a little dinged up so it's fresh and slick now. Was able to get 72 with just me in the boat livewells empty. Previously saw 70.xx and that was back in April so the Fury likes the wedges. Got 5950 rpms and ran out of lake. Might do 73 with enough real estate. Keep in mind I weigh as much as 2 flat bellies so I'm pretty happy with that performance! Year model is 2020 and boat is dual console CX21. I do not have any poles.
    Last edited by DBolton; 08-12-2021 at 01:06 PM.

10. Member
    I installed the 2° wedges on my CX21. I’m hitting 72mph @ 6080rpm with a stock 23” fury 3 blade
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

11. Member
    Performance update after 2 * wedge install. 85 degree air temp..100% humidity...85 deg water temp. Today is our hottest day of the year. Air thick enough to cut it with a spoon. First try was with the 23 Razor XL. No change in top speed. Still 69 with my fat butt and livewells empty. 4 lead batts and all my gear. Still love that prop for my small lake. Next up I had my 24 Fury sent to Mark and he made it like new. It was a little dinged up so it's fresh and slick now. Was able to get 72 with just me in the boat livewells empty. Previously saw 70.xx and that was back in April so the Fury likes the wedges. Got 5950 rpms and ran out of lake. Might do 73 with enough real estate. Keep in mind I weigh as much as 2 flat bellies so I'm pretty happy with that performance! Year model is 2020 and boat is dual console CX21. I do not have any poles.
    Any preference on name brand 2 degree wedges? My Caymas is a 2020 CX-21 Pro Dual Console loaded out
    CAYMAS1

12. Member
    If you have the atlas plate the wedges from TH Marine for 48$ is made for those plates. I’ve put several sets in by myself without a hoist in 15 minutes.

13. Member
    CX21 Pro, are there the ones you are talking about? I have an Atlas 10 inch Hyd. JP. Was there any additional hardware needed such as wedge washers?

$67.49 CMC Transom Wedges - 2 degree - T-H Marine Supplies (thmarinesupplies.com)
    CAYMAS1

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAYMAS1 View Post
    CX21 Pro, are there the ones you are talking about? I have an Atlas 10 inch Hyd. JP. Was there any additional hardware needed such as wedge washers?

$67.49 CMC Transom Wedges - 2 degree - T-H Marine Supplies (thmarinesupplies.com)
    Pm replied too and yes those are it, inflation hit them as well. Up 20$ in a month.

15. Member
    2 PM's to you and now ordered.
    CAYMAS1

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAYMAS1 View Post
    2 PM's to you and now ordered.
    Replied, sorry for the delay.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    If you have the atlas plate the wedges from TH Marine for 48$ is made for those plates. I’ve put several sets in by myself without a hoist in 15 minutes.
    Holy cow! I would love to know how you installed those wedges so quickly by yourself. I bought he TH Marine 2degree wedges and I need to install them. I would rather do it myself than pay $100 to have them installed. Would you mind explaining how you installed your wedges? I would greatly appreciate it.

18. Member
    PM replied too patriot.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19trx Patriot View Post
    Holy cow! I would love to know how you installed those wedges so quickly by yourself. I bought he TH Marine 2degree wedges and I need to install them. I would rather do it myself than pay $100 to have them installed. Would you mind explaining how you installed your wedges? I would greatly appreciate it.
    I'd like to know how to do this too.....I've got the wedges sitting on my workbench.

20. Member
    Level the motor up and down, put a 2x4 under the skeg and take a little pressure off, don’t try to lift the boat off the trailer. Back the nuts off all four bolts and the motor will loosen from the plate, take one side of the bolts out and slide the shims in and put the bolts back in, do same thing to other side and tighten up. I’m 180lbs with 2 herniated discs in my lower back and did my boat and my buddies boat in about thirty minutes. Very simple and easy, no hoist needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast