Shipping Plastic Baits

How do you guys determine what you charge for shipping when shipping plastics? In the past the shipping cost would be 1/3 or 1/2 of what I sell the baits for. I have a large amount of Rage Craws and Rage Bugs (Structure Bugs) and I'm really not interested losing money (I'm reducing the costs of the baits by 40% to 50% already) when I ship the baits.

Thanks!

The Flat Rate boxes are usually the way to go on heavier items such as bulk soft plastics.

3. Banned
    plastics can get expensive to ship! Like above post says, go with the "flat rate" boxes, and stuff as much as ya can it it!

4. Member
    X3 on the flat rate boxes.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

5. Member
    So you guys pass the cost on to the purchaser? I believe the smallest flat rate box is $9.95.

Thanks for your input!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay74 View Post
    So you guys pass the cost on to the purchaser? I believe the smallest flat rate box is $9.95.

Thanks for your input!
    Determine how much you want to net out of sale, find out what it will cost to mail, cost of paypal, etc. and then come up with a price that includes everything. I think most people just want a price that includes everything.

The question for the prospect: Am I willing to pay this amount for what is being sold?
    The question for yourself: Am I satisfied with the amount that I will net from the sale?

7. Member
    How do you guys determine what you charge for shipping when shipping plastics? In the past the shipping cost would be 1/3 or 1/2 of what I sell the baits for. I have a large amount of Rage Craws and Rage Bugs (Structure Bugs) and I'm really not interested losing money (I'm reducing the costs of the baits by 40% to 50% already) when I ship the baits.

Thanks!
    Interested in what you plan on selling....

8. Member
    Rage Tail Craws and Rage Tail Structure Bugs. A lot.

9. Member

Thanks for your input!
    More like $13. They have gone up a lot. Oops that is medium price. sorry.

Thanks for your input!
    I include shipping price in with asking price. Realistically with soft plastics you need to have a decent quantity to make selling and shipping them make sense. If a buyer is not getting them for 50-75% off retail with shipping factored in then chances are you will have trouble selling them.
    Also it's a lot easier to sell as one big lot rather than piecemeal.and have to fool with multiple shipping packages etc. It saves the seller money too.

11. Member
    Rage Tail Craws and Rage Tail Structure Bugs. A lot.
    PM sent