Been running a 25p Trophy on a 1994 488vs with a 94 - 200XRI.

Been running a 25p Trophy on a 1994 488vs with a 200XRI. Its the older model Trophy with a metal hub vs rubber and is slipping trying to put a load on it. What other combos have folks ran with this oldie but goodie hull? I mainly fish the CA. Delta and Clear Lake where whole-shot is a must with low tides, shallow lakes, tight turns, and top end not so much being the concern. Prior to todays episode 65-66.5 mph 5750-5950 rpm with 2 sides of beef and a derby load. Where are my old schoolers at?

2. Member
    Have a new hub pressed in your prop.

3. Member
    My old 370 Ranger liked a 25" High Five in the Louisiana marsh. You lose 4-5 MPH on top end but get out of the hole really fast and never lose bite in a hard turn.

4. Member
    The trophy's are not known for their ability to powerload, especially the smaller bore models, not enough blade surface/diameter. Have the same setup and I have used 24 & 25 pitch Tempest's, 24 pitch Fury, 24 pitch Trophy small bore and 23 pitch Trophy Large bore. The Fury and the large bore Trophy have the best hole shot. The Fury likes to stay deep or will lose grip and while the fastest with me only, it loses the most speed with a second passenger. The Tempest's carry a heavy load better and keep the bow up, but the 2.5L block doesn't have the low end torque to spin it up as well being a larger diameter. Do you have a jack plate? That would help get up on plane faster.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddelma View Post
    The trophy's are not known for their ability to powerload, especially the smaller bore models, not enough blade surface/diameter. Have the same setup and I have used 24 & 25 pitch Tempest's, 24 pitch Fury, 24 pitch Trophy small bore and 23 pitch Trophy Large bore. The Fury and the large bore Trophy have the best hole shot. The Fury likes to stay deep or will lose grip and while the fastest with me only, it loses the most speed with a second passenger. The Tempest's carry a heavy load better and keep the bow up, but the 2.5L block doesn't have the low end torque to spin it up as well being a larger diameter. Do you have a jack plate? That would help get up on plane faster.
    All she has is the stock Ranger set back/transome on the 488vs. No after market hydro or fixed plate at all. I thought I read around that these hulls didnt do well or require the extra set back? Maybe not the length of set back, but the ability to raise and lower the plate? Not sure? I am thinking I may just purchase a newer model Trophy 25p? The old metal hub style isn't worth the cost of pressing and cant be changed on the fly like newer rubber hub models? What do you guys think?

Old metal hub Trophy = anchor?
    Ranger - 1994 - 488vs - 200hp XRI (Blue Iris)