VX liewell control

I'm a little confused, the livewell button on my VX 21 is labeled manual/auto but when I push it to turn the pump on it lights up and never shuts off. What am I missing?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    I too was confused with my operation, called Vexus and they sent me an adhesive backed set of instructions for all the livewell functions. It is a great replacement for my short memory. You need to depress the button a second time for the timer to operate.
    2021 VX 20
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelmonkey View Post
    I too was confused with my operation, called Vexus and they sent me an adhesive backed set of instructions for all the livewell functions. It is a great replacement for my short memory. You need to depress the button a second time for the timer to operate.
    I thought that also but when I push the button the second time the backlight goes out and the pump just shuts off. I know the Bilge pump is labeled the same way and it lights up red and green when pushed once or twice but the Live well don't do that. I called Vexus and the guy told me he thought there was another button I had to push but he was going to check on it and get back with me...just thought I'd ask here also.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

4. Member
    You have to push it twice quickly, if you push once and wait a few seconds it will just turn off. Push twice in succession. When it shut off did you leave it alone for a few minutes to see if it came back on? It is timed, but you would think it would run on initial start. I am just guessing based on my experience with the Ranger live wells. The Vexus boats, I am quite sure are the brand of plumbing and operating methods are same as Ranger has. They look identical anyway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    You have to push it twice quickly, if you push once and wait a few seconds it will just turn off. Push twice in succession. When it shut off did you leave it alone for a few minutes to see if it came back on? It is timed, but you would think it would run on initial start. I am just guessing based on my experience with the Ranger live wells. The Vexus boats, I am quite sure are the brand of plumbing and operating methods are same as Ranger has. They look identical anyway.
    Yes sir, I tried everything I could think of. The guy I talked to at Vexus told me I had to turn the Livewell fill on and also the recurc button. I questioned that with him because in doing so the pump never shuts off and runs continuously. The recurc button is just using the same water and not using fresh water, so that didn't sound right to me. He said he would talk to one of the engineers and get back to me, I haven't heard a thing from him since.

It's odd because the Live well Fill button is labeled Man/Auto but only has the red light as apposed to red/green like the bilge Man/Auto does.

6. Member
    Vexus now installs an instruction label for livewell operation inside livewell lid. Sorry, this is best pic I could find online. Vexus will send you the label if you call them

1. DE766337-D24D-4130-9B4E-72D6F819B31F.jpeg
    2021 VX 20
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    20210727_155114.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Is there one of these decals for the AVX? I am equally confused.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Thanks Reelmonkey and Steve, I have that sticker on my live well lid and have ran it as instructed
    Last edited by Koma; 06-26-2023 at 12:16 PM.

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Let me see if i can help explain the AVX livewell .

20210728_135006.jpg
    The switches on the control panel operate the live well pump. Simple OFF / ON - it does not control where the water is pumped from.
    The L.W. MAN switch will turn he pump on and off - this is all this switch does (if this switch is on the pump is running)
    The L.W. TIMED switch will activate the pump and Live well timer circuit - it will alternate between the pump on and the pump off automatically
    If you turn both switches on then the Manual Switch will cause the pump to run continuously

20210728_135022.jpg
    The Master Live Well Control does not control the Livewell pump - it only a "VALVE" that controls where the incoming water comes from.
    if you set this control to "AUTO" it will fill the Livewell from the outside water.
    if you set this control to "RECIRC" it will pull the incoming water from the Livewell itself.
    if you set it to empty it will let the Live well drain back to the outside environment.

Hope this helps

11. Member
    Thanks for the tutorial on the AVX Steve!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

12. Member
    Thank you Steve for having someone get in touch with me! I received a call this morning from a gentleman from Vexus and he explained what I need to do and how the system is designed to work. I'm not going to pretend like I can explain the total in's and out's but in a nutshell here's what he said...

You put the master live well valve into "auto" and the volume control valve halfway between normal and fill, turn the live well fill switch on, it's labeled as MAN/AUTO but it does not have a "separate" red/green light. He said that the live well will fill up to a certain level and then the pump will shut off and as some water leaves the live well it will cycle back on putting fresh water back in. Turn the recirc button on auto or just on and it does its thing.
    Last edited by Koma; 06-26-2023 at 12:15 PM.

13. Member
    Thanks Steve. So how does the red de-fuser in the livewell effect the system if it is pushed in or pulled out?
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

Hey Kenny, pull the red diffuser out and turn the live well manual switch to on and it will pump out the live well, IIRC.

I’ve never been a fan of the flowrite system, way to confusing there are always questions about its functionality.

My old Triton was the best livewell system IMHO. It had individually switched pumps for all three functions; fill, recirculating and pump out. Really eliminates the guess work, and I never lost a fish in those livewells in 20 seasons.

The flowrite was a bitter pill to swallow when I bough a Vexus.
    Last edited by BigEasy; 08-01-2021 at 07:54 AM.

15. Member
    Thanks BE
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

16. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Thanks Steve. So how does the red de-fuser in the livewell effect the system if it is pushed in or pulled out?
    the spray head is another VALVE that controls the "OUTPUT" side of the pump. When pulled out the water is directed to the outside discharge port, when pushed in it is directed into the live well

-Steve

17. Member
    FYI - You can't turn both switches "on" as it is only one three position switch. Middle=Off; "UP"=L.W.MAN ; "Down"=L.W.Timed

18. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie442 View Post
    FYI - You can't turn both switches "on" as it is only one three position switch. Middle=Off; "UP"=L.W.MAN ; "Down"=L.W.Timed
    On the Aluminum Boats you are absolutely correct !