2020 Nitro Dead Key Pad at the Dash

Key pad at the dash went dead. No livewells, no lights, no horn, no nothing. Tracker/Nitro sends new keypad, horn works and nothing else. Key pad is showing power to the board. Press the buttons multiple times and lights might work for a few minutes, but then goes off. Wires, batteries, etc have all been checked for damage and full charge and no problems have been found. Has anyone else ran into this problem, any suggestions for next steps? Everyone kind of scratching their head on this one.

Also seeing a trend on dead key pads with NITROs here lately. Two other NITROs had to head back to the ramp early this week during a tournament with the same issue. The trend is that each time there had been a heavy downpour of rain during the tournament. After the heavy rain stops, the dash key pads have stopped working shortly after or the next time you use the boat. Might just be coincidence, but a common theme with the failures. Thank you in advance.

2. Member
    As I started to read the post, a thought came to mind, check the ground. Grounds seem to be the culprit more than once. But as I finish the post, there seems to to something with the waterproof keypad not being waterproof.

3. Member
    That’s the one item I really dislike on my z20. Even when it works, it is harder to use than a regular switch and far less reliable.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Yep pad went out take to dealer they will put a new one in. We didn’t get to fish a tourney from same thing prefished day before in heavy rain shorted out next morning right before blast off
    2015 X19 200 SHO

5. Member
    Mine is at the dealer as we speak with a dead pad also. Was intermittent for a month but didn’t want to lose fishing time, now as it is dead I can’t even fill my live wells so in it went.

6. Member
    Probably not same pad but my z9 pads act up mo.tech had me disconnect power at battery not on off let sit awhile then hook back up

7. Member
    Don't know if it really helps but, I took my pad out while I was rigging the boat and siliconed the edge all the way around it. That edge was rough like it had been ground. It hasn't gone down yet and has seen plenty of frog chokers
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS