Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Why would anybody be upset, and their heads explode because a baseball team changed their name

Whats next? the BBC to BBK Bass Boat Karens

BBC is full of Karens!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Those in Ohio probably already know this...but for those of us outsiders...apparently the new name references the statue "guards" on the Hope bridge in Cleveland.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Asabove View Post
    Those in Ohio probably already know this...but for those of us outsiders...apparently the new name references the statue "guards" on the Hope bridge in Cleveland.

It would be to much work knocking that down right now

Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    And here’s your reason why I quit watching sports. Don’t miss any of it
    Quit watching sports a long time ago.

5. Member
    Why would anybody be upset, and their heads explode because a baseball team changed their name

Its not really about the changing of a team name it’s about why it’s being changed and all the other crap that’s taking place in this country!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Because they can't have a day without bitching! Have to be negative about something; this is how they lead their sad lives.
    Not really bitching myself but do not agree. I just think it's stupid to cave to all the crap! What do you purpose just sit back and take it and say nothing?

How about The Team Who Identifies as the Cleveland Indians?

7. Banned

Isn't it because of Karens that they're being forced to change their name in the first place?

What's next? the BBK to BBKK Bass Boat Karen Karens

Then what's next? BBKK to BBKBABBKK Bass Boat Karens Bitching About Bass Boat Karen Karens

8. Banned
    Because they can't have a day without bitching! Have to be negative about something; this is how they lead their sad lives.
    Well that's a very negative post...

9. Banned
    that's a disgrace to guardians

10. Member
    We’ve got some connections with a Native American tribe in Wyoming, probably half of the folks on the reservation were Washington Redskin fans and it wasn’t because they were from DC!

11. Member
    If a mob tries to pull that down, the Mayor will instruct the police to let it happen.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Its not really about the changing of a team name it’s about why it’s being changed and all the other crap that’s taking place in this country!

I would suggest you look up the reason why it's being changed and the story of teams old name and mascot. Juts like the Redskins I had no idea why until I did a little reading. It's really racist and offensive to Native Americans. We wouldn't have a team called the Bubbas and the mascot wearing blackface.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Well, to be fair. How many times can a population stand by and listem to an announcer repeat "Man, the --------- are getting killed tonight!"

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Glad they got that mess cleaned up.

Who controls John Gill?

Anybody left in the middle?? Some things are offensive. Some people take offense too easily. Who cares what someone's reasons are for doing what they do?

Doesn't anyone work anymore? I have a sick kid, bills to pay, deadlines at work and MOST importantly a tournament tomorrow that I am completely unprepared for. Who has time for all the outrage on BOTH sides??

16. Member
    I would suggest you look up the reason why it's being changed and the story of teams old name and mascot. Juts like the Redskins I had no idea why until I did a little reading. It's really racist and offensive to Native Americans. We wouldn't have a team called the Bubbas and the mascot wearing blackface.
    I am Native American and my ancestors from my grandmother on were all full bloods. This only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that everyone is caving and changing their names.

17. Banned
    And how does this benefit anyone?

18. Banned
    It's really racist and offensive to Native Americans. We wouldn't have a team called the Bubbas and the mascot wearing blackface.
    Well that's only if you easily offended. If they named a team the middle aged white grey haired honkey's I'd love it. Maybe everyone should grab their crotch and make sure they have a set of balls and stop being offended about everything. Geez!

19. Member
    I didn't care one way or another what name the city of Cleveland assigned to their baseball team, but a lot of somebodies did. Some surely called the I*****s their favorite team. I used to call the Washington (football team) my favorite, like for about 40 years. I must have been a person with a "sad life" because I rooted for them, sang their team song, rooted for the "Over the Hill gang".
    Then suddenly some people that were neither Native Americans nor football players insisted that we change our name. We fans also had a heritage and the team did too under that name.
    It was none of their fooking business but they took the name away. I feel for the Cleveland baseball fans too. Somebody is happy here but not us.

20. Member
    The irony in this statement is that’s why they had to change their name

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast