Route Directions Help

Hopefully in next few weeks will pick up a Pantera Classic at the factory. Need suggestions on best route to take from the factory back to the Lufkin, Texas area. Looking forward to the trip, so want to make sure I don’t get lost in the mountains.

Also, the size of wheel lug nut socket to fit 4” tandem trailer with 15” stalker wheels.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Robert L.

2. Member
    Not sure where in Texas you are but from the DFW area I go up 75 though OK to interstate 40, then east to Ft Smith, I-49 north to Fayetteville, East on 412 to Mountain Home. All are good roads but 412 is 2 lane with passing lanes every few miles and it's pretty curvy but it makes for a good drive.

Not sure what size the lug nuts are but one end of my 4-way lug wrench fits them. Biggest issue with that is the 3/4 nuts that hold the spare in place, make sure you have something to loosen them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRisley View Post
    Not sure where in Texas you are but from the DFW area I go up 75 though OK to interstate 40, then east to Ft Smith, I-49 north to Fayetteville, East on 412 to Mountain Home. All are good roads but 412 is 2 lane with passing lanes every few miles and it's pretty curvy but it makes for a good drive.

Not sure what size the lug nuts are but one end of my 4-way lug wrench fits them. Biggest issue with that is the 3/4 nuts that hold the spare in place, make sure you have something to loosen them.
    WOW DBR!
    Thanks for responding to my request. Beginning to think I was in that dark room by myself. Forgot about the spare tire nut. My camp is on Sam Rayburn around Broaddus, Texas.

Thanks again for your response, most appreciated.

Robert L.

The sockets need to be thin wall or 12 point to fit inside most wheel lug nut pockets.

As for travel, the shortest distance and our route is up to Conway on the Interstate system, up Highway 65 to Marshall, right on Highway 27 at Marshall, which turns into Highway 14 (left main route) at Harriet.

14 hits 412/62 at Yellville, AR and turn right on 412/62. It’s about 15 miles to Gassville and turn left at the only stop light you will see in North Arkansas. Casey’s on right, Exxon on left, McDonalds and First Security Bank just past the light. Once you turn left, there is a water tower at the airport you will see.

Turn right on CR 12 the airport runway lines up with and the main office will be on the right side about a block down. Both sides of the street are the factory campus covered with 10 buildings. Pass the concrete on (crossing) the road and office will be on the right.

Oklahoma works alright coming in west of Fort Worth, though we still prefer the other route out of Texas. It’s shorter and less time through Texarkana.

BCB

PS: Remember to Slow down and enjoy the last 60 miles of crooked roads over the Buffalo River. Also don’t get in a hurry after Conway or they will give you a safe driving certificate.

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions, this will be most helpful. Looking forward to meeting some of the staff during my visit.
    One more question: will there be 2021 boat production picture to Facebook? Like to get a peek of the boat I will be picking up.
    Thanks again for your assistance.
    Robert L.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddogtx View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, this will be most helpful. Looking forward to meeting some of the staff during my visit.
    One more question: will there be 2021 boat production picture to Facebook? Like to get a peek of the boat I will be picking up.
    Thanks again for your assistance.
    Robert L.
    from my understanding the production pictures are not posted until the boat has been delivered to the customer or receiving dealer. And that’s what I’ve seen in the past as well.