Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I watched that. Makes me wish I had bought 360 Live last month instead of Mega 360.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I watched that. Makes me wish I had bought 360 Live last month instead of Mega 360.
    You would have been disappointed since there is no such thing as 360 LIVE. There is MEGA 360 and MEGA LIVE.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I would love to add live imaging to my rig, but there is no way I would give up my mega 360 for it...
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terribleTED View Post
    I would love to add live imaging to my rig, but there is no way I would give up my mega 360 for it...
    #1 mEGA lIVE IS MEGA CRAP. AND YES YOU CAN RUN BOTH JUST OF DIFFERENT FISH FINDERS.

6. Banned
    that transducer is friggin huge

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    #1 mEGA lIVE IS MEGA CRAP. AND YES YOU CAN RUN BOTH JUST OF DIFFERENT FISH FINDERS.
    If you have such a HUGE problem with HB please do us all a favor and disappear. PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    that transducer is friggin huge
    Looks smaller than the black boxes the competition uses to me.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

9. Member
    Well, it is subpar. Garmin has a superior product. Still love my birds, but they have work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Looks smaller than the black boxes the competition uses to me.
    Sure but building the black box into the transducer doesn't need any heat sink. But it also doesn't make transducer replacement any cheaper than full price. Also scary as hell knowing the brains are under water, don't bump it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You would have been disappointed since there is no such thing as 360 LIVE. There is MEGA 360 and MEGA LIVE.
    Being kind of picky there , but yes, the Live feature is single directional.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDonkeyHunter View Post
    Well, it is subpar. Garmin has a superior product. Still love my birds, but they have work to do.
    I keep seeing people say this, but I really dont find much basis to it. Is Garmins a prettier more detailed picture? For the most part yes. Is Garmins picture also a clustered mess of artifacts and on screen fuzz? 100% yes. I run a Livescope and clarity trumps detail. I havent been very happy with the clarity on my scope and have had multiple other people play with it one who has his own livescope pre perspective update. Mine is post and nowhere near as good and clear as his image. Not to mention on paper ML has a much lower power consumption and doesnt require a remote black box.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

13. Member
    What he said!!!

Another Mega Live video from Russell Marine. A few more details.

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

15. Member
    Did anyone else notice the original Solix was not included? Just the G2/G3. 1:15 in
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Did anyone else notice the original Solix was not included? Just the G2/G3. 1:15 in
    He did say “All Solix models” though.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    I hope he knows better, but the fact that the graphics had brackets around the G2/G3 is less likely to be an error than the spoken word that we have been reading for months.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

18. Member
    I'm glad to see a string of conversations about Mega Live and the competition's units.
    The more use in the field, the better the development. But I will wait for the first couple
    of rounds of update's and see where it goes from there. A quick internet search on
    Amazon or Bass Pro, shows the unit is not highly available. So I'm hittin the easy chair
    on hunting one down. Grin and bear it, the covid virus is making us all sick, and tired of
    waiting on this and that. Maybe Santa will get his elves moving on this. I'm being patient!

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    I keep seeing people say this, but I really dont find much basis to it. Is Garmins a prettier more detailed picture? For the most part yes. Is Garmins picture also a clustered mess of artifacts and on screen fuzz? 100% yes. I run a Livescope and clarity trumps detail. I havent been very happy with the clarity on my scope and have had multiple other people play with it one who has his own livescope pre perspective update. Mine is post and nowhere near as good and clear as his image. Not to mention on paper ML has a much lower power consumption and doesnt require a remote black box.
    The die hard crappie guys would argue with this. I have fished with a couple of national tournament champs and the detail is what they are after. Those that have used LS for some time can thread a jig through an opening in a brush pile to catch the one fish they want. Even with the degrading of the image since the perspective update they still have good detail. If HB doesn't match this it's a "no go" with the crappie crowd.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Sure but building the black box into the transducer doesn't need any heat sink. But it also doesn't make transducer replacement any cheaper than full price. Also scary as hell knowing the brains are under water, don't bump it.
    I agree with this 100%. Garmin has replaced my transducer once and I know a guy that cut his cable and had to buy his own. Either way it was a lot less money to just replace the transducer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast