Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    The die hard crappie guys would argue with this. I have fished with a couple of national tournament champs and the detail is what they are after. Those that have used LS for some time can thread a jig through an opening in a brush pile to catch the one fish they want. Even with the degrading of the image since the perspective update they still have good detail. If HB doesn't match this it's a "no go" with the crappie crowd.
    I consider myself one of the die hard crappie guys. Yes the detail on Livescope is great for vertical fishing in brush but that dead zone/ ghost tree area in forward view can be just terrible. I mean everything disappears, brush, fish and of course your bait. I do allot of open water casting to suspended crappie in 20 to 30 fow. Be in 25 fow, cast to a crappie at 35' and see him starting to follow your bait then the fish and your bait disappear when then get 30 feet away, where did they go? Suddenly inside of 20 feet away your bait and the fish "magically" reapear but the fish is now spooked because he's too close to the boat. Seen it happen thousands of times.
    If the Mega Live doesn't have this dead zone problem I could give up some detail. Lots of Crappie Pros on the tournament trails have the same issue that I just described.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Looks smaller than the black boxes the competition uses to me.
    The black boxes arent mounted to your trolling motor

You can grab it with one hand. Let’s not act like it’s obscenely huge.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Super pumped that Humminbird took this technology to the next level by eliminating all the ghosting and mess. Hopefully we can get one soon, looks awesome!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    Super pumped that Humminbird took this technology to the next level by eliminating all the ghosting and mess. Hopefully we can get one soon, looks awesome!
    Don't get to excited we all know how humminbird is when it comes to updates. The images I have seen the detail isn't to great so I can't say next level. I believe humminbird has great side and down imaging but had to hurry and get the live out. I believe that's why they are saying what we are seeing isn't the final product. Garmin developed the ghost tree and dead spot after a update.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I pretty much read everything I can find on forums and Facebook groups regarding Mega Live and Mega 360. It cracks me up to see people declare how bad Mega Live is with the limited information we all have at this point. Until a bunch of consumers get their hands on them and can start providing real information with more detail, there just isn't enough in the cyberverse to call it one way or another.

With that said, I'm still betting that Humminbird will have a winner with Mega Live. It may take a software release or two for things to settle out but that's the case with any new electronic technology... Fishing or otherwise.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    The black boxes arent mounted to your trolling motor
    I agree and black boxes shouldn’t be mounted anywhere on a boat.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

8. Banned
    I don’t usually like them either, but in this case I’d rather have a black box in a water proof box than a huge black box under water.

I don’t usually like them either, but in this case I’d rather have a black box in a water proof box than a huge black box under water.
    Are you disparaging the Mega 360 and it’s electronics as well? Hopefully no one is making you buy a Mega Live against your will.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

You must worry about that PS-22 every time you fish then.
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    You can grab it with one hand. Let’s not act like it’s obscenely huge.
    !!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    !!!
    Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post
    Truth!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    The die hard crappie guys would argue with this. I have fished with a couple of national tournament champs and the detail is what they are after. Those that have used LS for some time can thread a jig through an opening in a brush pile to catch the one fish they want. Even with the degrading of the image since the perspective update they still have good detail. If HB doesn't match this it's a "no go" with the crappie crowd.
    Thats still to a degree clarity vs detail. You know its a fish with both systems. You can judge size of the fish with both systems. The ML may not show the fish itself in as great of detail as LS, but you still know its the fish you want. Remove the ghost tree and fuzz that Livescope has and you can see even better into that tree. That being said we're a bunch of bass fisherman on a forum about bass boats discussing tools for bass fishing and this tool is more than adequate for that use.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Thats still to a degree clarity vs detail. You know its a fish with both systems. You can judge size of the fish with both systems. The ML may not show the fish itself in as great of detail as LS, but you still know its the fish you want. Remove the ghost tree and fuzz that Livescope has and you can see even better into that tree. That being said we're a bunch of bass fisherman on a forum about bass boats discussing tools for bass fishing and this tool is more than adequate for that use.
    Yea but we can't help you bass fisherman's mental state

It all boils down to use case as usual.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Did anyone else notice the original Solix was not included? Just the G2/G3. 1:15 in
    UPDATE: I contacted HB and asked. "Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your support of our products.

Mega Live is compatible with all Solix models.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    UPDATE: I contacted HB and asked. "Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your support of our products.

Mega Live is compatible with all Solix models.
    That was stated in November with the "leaked" information. AND it is stated on the Humminbird website.

This is the "leaked" info:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Are we still looking at around end of August or first of September?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post
    Are we still looking at around end of August or first of September?
    Announcement said September and that is what wholesalers are telling my electronics shop. Unless they have a secret trove of supply lines though I would say end of September/November. It's tough out there and getting tougher with this darn covid variant. I ordered a year supply of parts when this first started and what I am seeing now in the chain reminds me of last June.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Have you spent 100's of hours with live sonar? Being able to swim lures through brush without burying it in that brush will catch you more fish than just knowing it's a fish. The benefit of live sonar is not finding them, it's learning how they react too conditions and presentations.

I have played with both AT and LS side by side for the last 4-5 weeks. When it comes to seeing fish the AT has the edge. When it comes to enticing that fish out of cover the LS is hands down a winner. Until you spend way too many hours looking at live sonar you just don't understand. FYI the At doesn't have the artifacts the LS does but it also doesn't have the detail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast