Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I laugh at guys that compare their 2001 to today. My brand new 520 Ranger had a 225 Opti, 2 5 inch color graphs. Now, my 2020 rig has two blades, lithium batteries, power pole charge, stereo, 15 inch, 12 inch and 10 inch graphs. Livescope transducer to go with my 2 down / side transducers. Dual breaks... Just compare what we had on our 2000 truck vs a 2020. I for one don't want to go back to basic. But, it is an option for those that don't need all of the accessories. Looking forward to climbing around the PUMA STS.

Covid in my non scientific findings are supply chain slowed and so did production, so demand was higher especially if anyone wanted to do something fishing especially off of a boat was definitely aloud most places and places probably sold some boats new or used to "new customers".

then with some financial windfall for down payments some people probably upgraded boats or got off the banks making demand even higher. So with these two theories there are no hold overs on sale or promotional prices to move products.

mic a few components are 50% higher priced and the rest are 5% higher a 8-10% percentage increase isn't that odd.

I agree people will pay what they will till they don't. I'd like to watch the top pros run one boat for 3 years so we can see how they hold up and bring some drama into the mix like an average person.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Here’s one along your lines. The average retail boat ownership at BCB is between 8 and 15 years. That’s averages, one could place a beacon at 12 years overall. Our customers keep their products a long time and we try to build them to support that term. Then they obviously stay with us the second, third, and even fourth and fifth times around.

I own a different brand boat. But, for months I've been pondering how to get an EVA type flooring material into a fiberglass bass boat with aluminum lids similar to what Xpress boats is doing. Been trying to figure out how you do this without changing the lid design, size, type, etc.

Saw the hybrid flooring BassCat appears to be bringing out as an option. Man, that is smart! I've struggled to figure out how you get the benefit of the EVA flooring without the negatives...such as exposed edges to lids, big gaps between lids, noisy lids due to lack of cushioning.

I'm interested to see how the hybrid flooring holds up over time. But, the little I've seen...I like it and it could be a great idea for those refurbishing their decks in the future.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Here’s one along your lines. The average retail boat ownership at BCB is between 8 and 15 years. That’s averages, one could place a beacon at 12 years overall. Our customers keep their products a long time and we try to build them to support that term. Then they obviously stay with us the second, third, and even fourth and fifth times around.
    Now this is facts! The 88 i had still had oringinal seats, and carpet. One small stress crack. Boat looked New when i sold it. My hope is I can catch as many fish out of my 13 model as i did the 88
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123