Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sanner View Post
    Priced one today with a 250, Bob's plate, Ghost Tm, padded deck, and a few other small things. No electronics or poles. 82k
    Which is probably why if I can't find a left over 2021 with basic graphs and a spot lock TM, I will be keeping my 2016 Puma.
    Pricing is out of control.

We showed a chart, at EIA 2021, of what a dollar value is today vs. 2000. Today a dollar on the world market has a value of $1.05 vs. 2000 and this was Dallas Fed information, from June, 2021.

It’s all about where you are today vs. where you were twenty years ago.

Bass Fishing has become the sport of kings.... When it was the everyman’s sport, people had much more modest expectations. Now we think we need a 20+’ boat that pushes the limits of hydrodynamics complete with computerized gps spot lock trollers, $18K in electronics, power poles - all towed with a $50K+ truck. We use $400-$500 rod/reel combos and feel we need storage for up to 20 in the boat.

Kinda like Ferraris & Lamborghinis - they’re available to purchase, but most will drive a simple sedan. Don’t get butt hurt if it isn’t affordable to you or most for that matter. There are entry points you can afford and it probably won’t look like a pro’s rig. Is all that really necessary to catch a green fish with a brain the size of a pea. Just put it into perspective and adjust your priorities. It’s a luxury.

Oh heck, if your mostly an old bank beater like me, you just don’t need all that much anyway. At some price point, most will say enough. Are we there yet? I dunno. It’s been said in a year or two there will be lots of lightly used high end bass rigs for sale. We will see, I guess.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JStew View Post
    Bass Fishing has become the sport of kings.... When it was the everyman’s sport, people had much more modest expectations. Now we think we need a 20+’ boat that pushes the limits of hydrodynamics complete with computerized gps spot lock trollers, $18K in electronics, power poles - all towed with a $50K+ truck. We use $400-$500 rod/reel combos and feel we need storage for up to 20 in the boat.

Kinda like Ferraris & Lamborghinis - they’re available to purchase, but most will drive a simple sedan. Don’t get butt hurt if it isn’t affordable to you or most for that matter. There are entry points you can afford and it probably won’t look like a pro’s rig. Is all that really necessary to catch a green fish with a brain the size of a pea. Just put it into perspective and adjust your priorities. It’s a luxury.
    You say that but yet a 17' boat is 40k. I bought a 18' when I was in high school in 2003 for $24k. Everything has gone up. I'm at the point if my boat or motor gives up the ghost I'll be finding a different hobby. It's just gotten to expensive. Buddy just put a new motor on his boat for $26k out the door. $26k I can buy a turn key 2000hp twin Turbo drag motor

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet View Post
    You say that but yet a 17' boat is 40k. I bought a 18' when I was in high school in 2003 for $24k. Everything has gone up. I'm at the point if my boat or motor gives up the ghost I'll be finding a different hobby. It's just gotten to expensive. Buddy just put a new motor on his boat for $26k out the door. $26k I can buy a turn key 2000hp twin Turbo drag motor
    Again - priorities. Sabre FTD SP is $45K, very well equipped with a 175 for a new boat. It’s a more affordable entry point that will do more than most “need”. The entire industry has had to deal with both fiberglass raw materials and motor complexities from the EPA since you bought in ‘03. Manufacturing costs have risen exponentially - shouldn’t the finished product?

It's all relative guys, everything has gone up in price. Have you purchased bacon lately, priced a home.

8. Member
    Yeah everything has gone up. I myself buy used and keep them for a while. Get them set up how I want and use them. I need people to keep buying new so I can save money and buy used

9. Member
    I don’t know how we went from the Stealth project to boat prices? Here my take on it.
    Many on here talk about what they paid for a boat 7-10 years ago. What did you pay for a truck then?
    A fiberglass bass boat is not a necessity. Bass fishing is a hobby or passion.
    It’s still a working mans hobby, you just have to buy what falls into your budget. It may be a 17 foot Nitro. A 17 foot aluminum with all basic equipment.
    The boat and equipment does not create the angler. A 90k dollar boat is not a requirement to catch bass. We have an elderly angler that fished our tournament clubs. I have to help him in his old tin rig. Put his life jacket on. He shakes really bad and cannot even release the straps on the rear of his boat.
    But when he puts that rod in his hand, he becomes KING of the lake. I watched him beat out 150 boats. Some decked out and wrapped. He left with the 6000 dollars in cash.

We all have a budget. It restricts us to spending. Some allow a 130k Jag. Some budgets allow a small tin rig. No matter what, as long as we can set the hook and feel that head shake, it’s worth it!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

This is how we got on Pricing.

Priced one today with a 250, Bob's plate, Ghost Tm, padded deck, and a few other small things. No electronics or poles. 82k

Which is probably why if I can't find a left over 2021 with basic graphs and a spot lock TM, I will be keeping my 2016 Puma.

11. Member
    What does entry level mean? I here that phrase all the time. If it’s referring to a lower than standard product, then that’s what I want. Guys around here take everyone’s money out of those entry level boats all the time! Lol

Tracker classic w/ 50 is a pretty good example. Folks are winning local derbies across the country in less. Can remember when Mark Menendez left his 20’ Skeeter at home and won a Bass Master tourney on lake Dardanelle out of a G3 Eagle 175 w/ 90 Yamaha. Entry level is different for everyone.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This is how we got on Pricing.

Guilty as charged, I brought it up.

14. Member
    We showed a chart, at EIA 2021, of what a dollar value is today vs. 2000. Today a dollar on the world market has a value of $1.05 vs. 2000 and this was Dallas Fed information, from June, 2021.

It’s all about where you are today vs. where you were twenty years ago.
    I don't think this is correct. You have a type o.
    When I do a search: Adjusted for inflation, $1.00 in 2000 is equal to $1.55 in 2021.
    In 2000 I bought a new Ranger 520 VX with the latest technology available. The cost was $35,726.
    A 2021 Ranger 520C Cup Package was roughly $75,000, delete the poles (to make it "comparable") and it's worth $71,500 ish. Roughly 2X as much.
    All I'm saying is bass boats have increased in cost a lot more than inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I don't think this is correct. You have a type o.
    When I do a search: Adjusted for inflation, $1.00 in 2000 is equal to $1.55 in 2021.
    In 2000 I bought a new Ranger 520 VX with the latest technology available. The cost was $35,726.
    A 2021 Ranger 520C Cup Package was roughly $75,000, delete the poles (to make it "comparable") and it's worth $71,500 ish. Roughly 2X as much.
    All I'm saying is bass boats have increased in cost a lot more than inflation.
    Inflation yes, cost of labor, insurance, .... and more importantly material costs more than direct inflation correction.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 45 has the dollar vs other currencies, the dollar vs major currencies and the dollar vs. other trading partners. The average is the nominal at $1.05.

https://www.dallasfed.org/-/media/Do...ute/global.pdf

17. Member
    Regardless of pricing there will continue to be people who buy new boats every year. It hasn't changed. Do I agree that a new boat is ALOT of dang money?? Absolutely I do. But to some people it's not and some people have no problem signing a 20 year loan to have one.
    2019 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250 ProXs 4s
    2021 Skeeter FXR20 Yamaha SHO 250
    2009 Champion 210 Elite Mercury 250 ProXS
    2003 Champion 206 Mercury 250 ProXB
    1996 Nitro 896 Savage Mercury 200 EFI

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    Oh heck, if your mostly an old bank beater like me, you just don’t need all that much anyway. At some price point, most will say enough. Are we there yet? I dunno. It’s been said in a year or two there will be lots of lightly used high end bass rigs for sale. We will see, I guess.
    This i truly believe. Since i been reading some comparisons towards the end of this post. In 1989 i bought a 88 caracal. I paid $6,300.00 for very lightly used and rarely ever seen another BCB. Kept that boat untill 2014 when i bought my 13 P2. Which i gave low 30's used lightly and BCB real common to see. Im glad i bought when i did. Prices seem to have changed considerably. I understand inflation, insurance, cost of materials and etc. But how much has covid and demand affected pricing?. Im not in the market for a boat but MANY are. It is simple either your willing to pay or your not!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Pricing during CoVid is totally all due to the parameters and not the goal posts. The prices of goods have risen, as has our cost to obtain labor. Presently the only major obstacle to the long lead times we face as a boat builder is the labor shortage. Other parts items are not as constricting, on increasing production, as is the labor market. Marine companies are diligently trying to meet the increased demand, though everything from shipping costs to raw goods are also increasing.

If we could get the obstacles moved cost to produce would reduce and prices would remain consistent. The only item changed relative to prices are removing incentives at retail, which we ran a promotion in the spring when others didn’t.

20. Member
    Page 45 has the dollar vs other currencies, the dollar vs major currencies and the dollar vs. other trading partners. The average is the nominal at $1.05.

https://www.dallasfed.org/-/media/Do...ute/global.pdf

Sincere question - how does the exchange rate retreated to other countries effect the increases as noted in the CPI (1.05 vs 1.55).

Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast