Thread: Ulterra isssue

Ulterra isssue

I did some Warrnty work in my ulterra and now it’s not laying right when it’s in the stowed position. It’s like leaning to one side. I don’t live near A technician to fix. Is there A easy adjustment?

2. Member
    What were you working on and could you take a couple pic's. I think you might get some responses if we could see what you are talking about. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    I tried to upload them but couldn’t.

4. Member
    Last edited by theredman; 07-23-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: I was able to upload one

5. Member
    Can't really tell from that pic. Is the motor up a bit on one side? If you stowed the motor manually you may have to have a repair center reset the park position. Call and let them know what you were doing and maybe they can help you with it over the phone. There are some procedures in the troubleshooting section of the manual you could try first. Case 5 sounds like a possibility. Bob

6. Member
    Yes it is up on one side.

7. Member
    The technician took it apart to replace the belt and when he put it back together it wasn’t laying properly. He removed A plastic piece that it rest on, because it wasn’t deploying properly. I was up at Clearlake at the time and didn’t want to wait any longer for him to take it apart to realign it. (3hour repair plus 170 miles back to Clearlake). So my question is is there A easy fix to realign or do I have take it apart?

8. Member
    I would call Minn Kota if nobody has one for you beside the manual. Bob

9. Member
    Called Minn Kota, they explained to me how to adjust it. Thanks for reply’s

10. Member

11. Member
    Didn’t work. Freaking MinnKota’s are garbage. Had problems with it from day 1. Buyers beware!!

12. Member
    Wow! you have had a bad year. I have been looking at your posts to see if I could see the history of your Ulterra problems. 2 things I am wondering about. Your 300 Verado was having some kind of electrical problems a while back/ Was that resolved? Did you decide to get the freshwater Ulterra for the SI transducer? I have an Ulterra(2018) and have been very happy with it. I will say if the trolling motor is in and out of the water 25 times a day or more the Ultrex is a much better choice. The Ulterra, in my opinion is not suitable for tourney style fishing. It is convenient and cool, but the Ultrex is more suited to hard use. JMO Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 07-25-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typo

13. Member
    I’ve only used less than 10 days of fishing since I purchased it. I installed new batteries right after I installed the Minn Kota. Fresh water only.I don’t believe it comes in and out of the water more than 10 or 15 times On any fishing day. $3,500 shouldn’t have any issues.

14. Member
    It sure should not have any issues. I would not take it back to the same place for repair! You sure don't have any close choices for repair. For the gas money you might be better off shipping it to Minn Kota or at least to an ASC in CA. Or Oregon. I thought I had a long way to go if I needed it!(125 Miles) Bob

15. Member
    Who’s the closest to central ca coast?
    willing to drive it up to get it done right.

16. Member
    Link to Minn Kota service providers: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...oviders/locate
    Put in your zip and set 250Mi max. Bob