Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    Wait, my memory is coming back to me. I was at Hyco in my 21XRD Bullet serveral years ago. I generally run my 26 Trophy but I was running my 27 Trophy at this particular time. So I'm coming back to the ramp from the area where the hot hole is. I set my boat down before the buoy and then idle through the bridge. Now my boat is kind of light and when full of gas it sits down in the water a bit I guess and at idle with a 27" prop it may create a bit of a wake when full of gas (I don't think I had water in the livewells). Nothing that the rip rap around the bridges can't handle and no erosion would occur. So I get back to the ramp and the Game Warden comes up behind me and starts saying I almost washed out the dude fishing on the rocks by the bridge. You know, the rocks where the sign says "no fishing". So I told him I set down and idled through so now he's convinced my boat is idling too high because he knows because his dad owns a marina that sells boats blah blah blah. So when I go to put my boat on the trailer he comes over to see how many RPMs my motor is spinning at idle. He said he was just going to warn me. I told him that might be best since I haven't done anything wrong and I think I can beat this in court. Especially the fact that you are more concerned with the guy illegally fishing on the rocks than you are the guy NOT breaking the law. There is one in every crowd. :)

We had the same experience(except we got a ticket). my dad got a ticket at tuckertown idling under the 49 bridge going as slow as my old 18 ft Lund would idle. There was a gw at the bridge that we plainly saw and even waved at as we slowly idled under. Then got to the ramp and there was another one waiting on us. He asked “why did you boys blow through that bridge” obviously we didn’t and proceeded to become defensive. But he got a ticket nonetheless. My worst experiences have come in Davidson county and on any of the yadkin lakes in that area and I have so many stories that I could share of my run ins with them particularly in that area. I love our city police, sheriffs and SHP but the gw’s i come in contact with in nc are a waste of tax dollars. It’s gotten to the point where I have a camera going any time I’m checked any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    We had the same experience(except we got a ticket). my dad got a ticket at tuckertown idling under the 49 bridge going as slow as my old 18 ft Lund would idle. There was a gw at the bridge that we plainly saw and even waved at as we slowly idled under. Then got to the ramp and there was another one waiting on us. He asked “why did you boys blow through that bridge” obviously we didn’t and proceeded to become defensive. But he got a ticket nonetheless. My worst experiences have come in Davidson county and on any of the yadkin lakes in that area and I have so many stories that I could share of my run ins with them particularly in that area. I love our city police, sheriffs and SHP but the gw’s i come in contact with in nc are a waste of tax dollars. It’s gotten to the point where I have a camera going any time I’m checked any more.
    I’ve heard some bad stories about the gws in that area.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I’ve heard some bad stories about the gws in that area.
    his name is Brandon Jones and if any of you ever get checked by him have your phone camera on and recording. Next to some of those nuts in Raleigh he is the biggest crook in the state.

4. Member
    Never had an issue with any of them.
    I did have one young guy tell me my registration sticker was on the wrong side of my numbers. I said my bad, it's been that way since 2012 (it was 2021). Then he wanted me to peel it off and change it on the spot. I said it expires in June and I will fix it this then. His partner said, leave him alone, let him go fishing. This happened in February at Tillery. The two WRO's were in a car, if that tells you anything.
    At the end of the conversation, I said thanks and I guess it is too cold for you guys to be on the lake today...... since you are in a sedan. Another few laughs and I was on my way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12