Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phoenix 921 water keeps gettin bilge

So I’m noticing water keeps getting in bilge of my boat about 1-2 liter of water only after 2-3hrs of being on water, what I’ve done so far is I’ve taken out the batteries and floor board to have access down to bilge, closed the drain plug And filled the bilge up with water and waited to see if there is any leak on the outside but there is no leak, dry as bone on the outside where all my bottom through hull fittings are, I also took the boat strapped down on trailer and smerge the back end in water all the way up to the drain hole on the splash well and inspected the inside Of the bilge area with a flash light to see if there are any water that could be getting in but nope I see no water getting in, I was out for a couple hrs on the water last night and notice about 1liter of water coming out after I pulled out and open up the drain plug, I also watched carefully to not let Any water Get overboard onto the back deck of boat when slowing down from driving, still getting water in the bilge, im
    stumped, any ideas ??

2. Member
    Do you have an ice cooler that drains into the bilge or does your livewell overflow drain into the bilge?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Do you have an ice cooler that drains into the bilge or does your livewell overflow drain into the bilge?
    yes I believe my ice cooler drains down to bilge but I didn’t have any ice or water in cooler, not sure if my live well over flow drains into bilge but I leave my live wells empty

It’s probably coming from the rub rail near the back deck of the boat

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    It’s probably coming from the rub rail near the back deck of the boat
    That's where mine leaks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 559bigbass View Post
    yes I believe my ice cooler drains down to bilge but I didn’t have any ice or water in cooler, not sure if my live well over flow drains into bilge but I leave my live wells empty
    how do I fix that?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 559bigbass View Post
    how do I fix that?
    put some 3M - 5200 around the inside (good luck with it and hope you have 20' arms), or remove the rub rail and seal everything that way where the cap and hull meet.

8. Member
    Sorry but that is horrible. I’d be POed

Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Sorry but that is horrible. I’d be POed
    Sound like a travel trailer problem . Inexcusable to let a boat out the door without those type of problems being addressed in the building and design . Why do people make excuses up for this shoddy construction , not just Phoenix .

10. Member
    I'm saying a cracked livewell drain fitting.

11. Member
    The 90 degree fitting on the bottom of the livewell was cracked on mine
    It sucked replacing it
    2019 Phoenix 919
    Merc 225 ProXS

12. Member
    I would start with the simple stuff
    First walk around the boat and look at the rub rail if you can see or feel a bulge in the rub rail it is a indication a screw may have backed out. Pull that section of
    the rub rail out and see if a screw has backed out. remove the loose screw and seal hole with marine grade caulking reinsert screw and rub rail.
    Second disconnect the battery With the plug in remove the bilge access panel and put 2-3 gallons of water in the bilge.
    crank the dolly all the way up. Check the drain plug to see if the the O ring is bad.
    Third empty the bilge fill the the live wells with water and see if water is leaking from any of the fittings.
    Forth hook the battery back up turn on the live well pump out on and see if any of the fittings is leaking.
    Fifth with a water hose locate the live well intake turn on the pumps and fill the live wells (turn on the water hose at a low pressure).
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Do you have a remote drain plug? If so…if it isn’t seating all the way, it will leak.

rub rail seems to be common on all boats, just some boats sit lower in the back.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    look at where the transducer wires go into the rub rail (aft, starboard side) remove the chrome end cap and inspect. On my 2016 they drilled a 3/4 hole to run the transducer wires into the boat, installed rubrail and chrome end cap. Never filled the hole with sealant, Sits about 3" above the water line always had water in the bilge till I found this. Filled the hole with some marine grade sealant, no more water in the bilge.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    rub rail seems to be common on all boats, just some boats sit lower in the back.
    Im thinking it could be my rub rail that’s leaking water in, I took a peek around the inside where the top corner on transom is and I see a puddle of water Way up in the corner on passenger side, I think only way water get up there in the corner is a leak
    from rub rail??
    Last edited by 559bigbass; 07-24-2021 at 08:40 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    look at where the transducer wires go into the rub rail (aft, starboard side) remove the chrome end cap and inspect. On my 2016 they drilled a 3/4 hole to run the transducer wires into the boat, installed rubrail and chrome end cap. Never filled the hole with sealant, Sits about 3" above the water line always had water in the bilge till I found this. Filled the hole with some marine grade sealant, no more water in the bilge.
    I looked at that, took the cap off on both sides and added silicone to anything that looks like it’ll leak water in, still getting water in the bilge

18. Member
    Well looks like Phoenix is off the retirement boat list. It’s getting smaller and smaller

19. Banned
    I'm in the same situation with my Triton. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where the water is coming in.

20. Member
    It could be leaking between the livewell valve and the rear drain or intake. Fill the livewells full of water in the driveway with the drain valves closed. If no water leaks plug the drains and open the valves. If still no water plug the intakes. You have to narrow down by isolating the sections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast