Transducer position and interferences.

In attached pic is my ducer in forward mode? My set up is not well and I can’t see my lure or fish well after 10 feet.
    Additionally I can’t use side view because trolling motor interference distorts screen. Sorry boys any input is appreciated. 4720F60B-5AAD-45A1-B131-67B477396311.jpeg

2. Member
    Are you using a dedicated battery for the depth finder? If you have your unit hooked to the trolling motor battery, then there will alot of interference. Other than that, I don't know.

3. Member
    The end of the transducer that is closest to the trolling motor shaft is the front. As long as you point that end of transducer forward with your pole, you are good. It is in the forward position. The beam is pretty small until you get out to 40-60 ft. A 0 deg mount will help, the mount that comes with it has a 8 deg cant. You have another transducer mounted on trolling motor?

4. Member
    Transducer looks tilted backwards to me. Wire should be vertical out of the top of the transducer when in forward mode.

5. Member
    Forward Mounting.jpg

Forward Starboard

Yes I have the Garmin ducer for traditional sonar and side scan on trolling motor.

7. Member
    Does the sofware need to be changed to tell the transducer which side it is on?

Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Forward Mounting.jpg

Forward Starboard

8. Member
    If your mostly using forward mode, I would switch the mounting to "port" anyhow, as this allows the cord to come straight up. But thats just my two cents

9. Member
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Does the sofware need to be changed to tell the transducer which side it is on?

10. Member
    Make sure transducer cable is not taped or zip tie to troll motor cable. Make sure they are separated.

11. Member
    Everyone else has mentioned it, one other thing, when you deploy your trolling motor is the transducer just above the prop as shown in the picture? I would definitely move that if it is. I’m not familiar with those add on poles, mine is on the trolling motor shaft. Interference can come from many things, it’s just a process of elimination. Separating wires as Dr. Drop mentioned is a great start, and how close is your foot pedal to your unit? Is it clear until you press the foot pedal or is the interference constant?

My Garmin side imaging gets instant interference when trolling motor is turned on. Screen is fine when using TM with traditional sonar or mapping.

thanks

13. Member
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

14. Member
    To clarify is everything clear until you press the button on the foot pedal to move? Or are you receiving interference just sitting still but with the unit on side imaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullbynoon View Post
    My Garmin side imaging gets instant interference when trolling motor is turned on. Screen is fine when using TM with traditional sonar or mapping.

thanks

Interference when I engage trolling motor only. Otherwise clear.

16. Member
    OK. That's a start. It's either coming from your foot pedal being to close to your unit, the motor itself, trolling motor may have a blown ground fuse in the head, your trolling motor power cables are to close to your transducer cables under the console or any combination of what I just mentioned. Have you checked all of these? Next would be separating all of these wires as much as possible and installing ferrite chokes. Not all ferrite chokes are like the other. You need the correct one based on the frequency your running on your transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullbynoon View Post
    Interference when I engage trolling motor only. Otherwise clear.