Thread: P2

P2

I see all the changes coming in the premium line of boats. BCB are there any noticeable changes or options coming to the p2 in the future. Obivously i still see a market for the p2. Though i dont see the business end of those #'s. Though i have not seen no big changes in the boat in a while
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

2. Member
    I think the last design change on the PII was 2016-2017 and it was the driver/passenger consoles.
    Design changes I would like to see are:
    1. Cup holders beside driver and passenger seats. (See Eyra).
    2. Adjustable TM pedal.
    3. Larger bilge access.
    4. The seats used on the premium models (As an option).
    5. The sandwich/ice divider either deleted are designed where water cannot intrude on the dry side.
    6. Tool holder location. Best design is the Lynx.

That's it. I'm otherwise perfectly happy with my PII.

Don
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 07-24-2021 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added number 6
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    I also think the P2 is a great hull, but can use updating to the top cap and like the suggestions above. Is anyone aware of the price difference between the 2022 Pantera 2 and Pantera Classic with standard options and 200 HP Mercury ProXs 4 stroke?

4. Member
    I’ve been look at a P2 myself .. I was wondering if the the Pantera 2 special package would still be available for 22 year models?
    I just can’t see myself paying anymore than the Pantera price and I’m in a 20 foot boot now and feel like I’ll be going down if I get the Pantera 2 so.. but with the prices I see this as my only real option.

5. Member
    Good suggestions Cajun. I was just curious. It seems the P2 needs a little facelift. Meaning most models are getting some nice ammendities.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

6. Member
    I’m not sure how strong the 19 foot market is for BCB? Two wide bodies, Caracal and Classic and the narrow PII.
    Out of the 3, if the PII is last in sales, then it isn’t cost effective to put a lot of R&D into the rig. I’m sure BCB could give us more insight as to the future of the PII.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I think the last design change on the PII was 2016-2017 and it was the driver/passenger consoles.
    Design changes I would like to see are:
    1. Cup holders beside driver and passenger seats. (See Eyra).
    2. Adjustable TM pedal.
    3. Larger bilge access.
    4. The seats used on the premium models (As an option).
    5. The sandwich/ice divider either deleted are designed where water cannot intrude on the dry side.

That's it. I'm otherwise perfectly happy with my PII.

Don
    Those would be nice. I'd add-make the buoy storage area the same as the other two series. On the P2, you cannot use the Precision Welding power pole button holder thingie. Oh, and space on the nose for a non-slip pad like the Margay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I’m not sure how strong the 19 foot market is for BCB? Two wide bodies, Caracal and Classic and the narrow PII.
    Out of the 3, if the PII is last in sales, then it isn’t cost effective to put a lot of R&D into the rig. I’m sure BCB could give us more insight as to the future of the PII.

Don
    Cant see where the PII would in any way be suffering in sales. Try to find a used one.... There’s very much a market for a narrower bow hull that performs. The other mainstream builders have gone exclusively wide body and there are few hulls that place the emphasis on performance like the PII. There has been exponentially more R&D into the PII & Sabre over the years than any other 18’ & 19’ hull currently built. Both are excellent tourney boats for those not interested in bumping to the 20’ lines.

Pmantle - there’s a teardrop adhesive nonslip that goes great in the recess between the front post light socket and troller base you can get from parts for a couple of bucks. Put one on my Sabre 10 years ago.

9. Member
    I did find out today the P2SP is still available in the 22 year model with about a 3.5k price increase for anybody that was wondering.

Go to the serial numbers page, plenty of P2 orders. And no one sells them really. As cajun hunter said, they should upgrade the top cap exactly like he stated, more or less a mini eyra. I wouldnt mind them doing a center rod box... and more like 1/3 of the caracal front layout. I'm not a fan of the double ballzout console either, the 2017 flat console to accommodate larger graphs hit it out the park with all the gauges on one side. Only guy who still orders them like that is Andrew from Ross.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

11. Member
    i have a 2021, I would move the tank switch by by the console, kill the sandwich tray, add a tool holder, other than that i pretty much love the boat. the bilge area and battery access seems great to me but I'm coming from a ranger 520 and it was a disaster to access anything back there. Oh, maybe just kill the tubes and rod rack, the grommets are a bit small anyway.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Go to the serial numbers page, plenty of P2 orders. And no one sells them really. As cajun hunter said, they should upgrade the top cap exactly like he stated, more or less a mini eyra. I wouldnt mind them doing a center rod box... and more like 1/3 of the caracal front layout. I'm not a fan of the double ballzout console either, the 2017 flat console to accommodate larger graphs hit it out the park with all the gauges on one side. Only guy who still orders them like that is Andrew from Ross.
    Totally agree on the double Ballzout. Wish I had ordered single. My Garmin cables look really pinched back there, and I am limited on wheel adjustment forward.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post

I like this a mini eyra… some good thoughts on all this. Especially if the price can stay in the mid 50k market. Id be all over it cause that’s my limit I refuse to go any higher on price…but that’s just me.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    I like this a mini eyra… some good thoughts on all this. Especially if the price can stay in the mid 50k market. Id be all over it cause that’s my limit I refuse to go any higher on price…but that’s just me.
    +1
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405