Best In Show ICAST

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Member
    Thanks for posting this. Hopefully there's some on-the-water footage of MEGA LIVE released soon. Not much of that out there right now to my knowledge.
    2020 Skeeter FXR20 LE
    Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sanch View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Hopefully there's some on-the-water footage of MEGA LIVE released soon. Not much of that out there right now to my knowledge.
    The best videos I've seen are Carl Jocumsen & Johnny from Fish the Moment with Harvey Horne. I believe the picture looked better in the FTM video which was recorded later than Carls so hopefully they keep making it better

4. Member
    Not impressed!

Heard a rumor (take it with a grain of salt) that Mega Live is not working with Solix units yet causing more delays. Makes sense since guys like Carl and Brandon who run all Solix are running a Helix for their ML.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

6. Member
    Best In Show ICAST
    Anyone have links to what the competition was that they were up against or are they the only entry in that field?

Thanks

7. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Heard a rumor (take it with a grain of salt) that Mega Live is not working with Solix units yet causing more delays. Makes sense since guys like Carl and Brandon who run all Solix are running a Helix for their ML.
    Great.......

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

i don’t have a dog in this specific fight, but at around 2 minutes in the below FB video Jocumsen says he is running all Solix compared to Feider running all Helix. They are talking Minn Kota and Humminbird.

https://fb.watch/v/1dtJ5Ynd6/

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    i don’t have a dog in this specific fight, but at around 2 minutes in the below FB video Jocumsen says he is running all Solix compared to Feider running all Helix. They are talking Minn Kota and Humminbird.

https://fb.watch/v/1dtJ5Ynd6/
    Except hes not. Thats my point, Carl and Brandon both run 100% Solix...until Mega Live and now they are running Mega Live on a Helix unit as seen in the screen capture below from Carls FB. Brandon is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Except hes not. Thats my point, Carl and Brandon both run 100% Solix...until Mega Live and now they are running Mega Live on a Helix unit as seen in the screen capture below from Carls FB. Brandon is the same.
    Can’t speak for Carl, but I have messaged Brandon before and he replied. What I take from the most recent publicly available info is a dedicated head unit for ML will be required to keep a One Boat Network with a m360, but it’s not September yet and I don’t know Jack. It could be as simple as HB gave the pros a known set up that included a ML with a Helix so everyone would have the same rig.

11. Member
    Will it work with an apex? If the Apex's that were supposed be out this spring ever start shipping.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Will it work with an apex? If the Apex's that were supposed be out this spring ever start shipping.
    Yes APEX is listed as compatible on the Humminbird website and the original "leaked" information about it in November.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    I'm glad Kevin is saying this is the best addition to HB system and NOT that this is the best forward looking sonar. This is the best HB could do for the time being but is definitely NOT the best forward looking system out there by any stretch. ICAST win is a bit of a joke and everyone should realize the truth that both Garmin and Lowrance released their units way before this year. But hey, if you like HB, go for it. It's better than not having any forward looking sonar.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I'm glad Kevin is saying this is the best addition to HB system and NOT that this is the best forward looking sonar. This is the best HB could do for the time being but is definitely NOT the best forward looking system out there by any stretch. ICAST win is a bit of a joke and everyone should realize the truth that both Garmin and Lowrance released their units way before this year. But hey, if you like HB, go for it. It's better than not having any forward looking sonar.
    I like how he said you don't have to look at the ghost tree. Garmin use to not have that until a specific update and we all know how humminbird is when it comes to updates. I'll be ready to see the final product. But I believe I'll keep my birds for side and down and my garmin for forward.

Can’t speak for Carl, but I have messaged Brandon before and he replied. What I take from the most recent publicly available info is a dedicated head unit for ML will be required to keep a One Boat Network with a m360, but it’s not September yet and I don’t know Jack. It could be as simple as HB gave the pros a known set up that included a ML with a Helix so everyone would have the same rig.
    I've heard that networking with the Mega Live unit has been troublesome as well. Still doesnt make sense that these two who already have three Solix up front would swap to a Helix unless there was issues with the ML on Solix. They could have easily just not networked the one Solix unit, but instead its now a Helix. What is the issue with ML and M360? M360 is not a network device so its interesting ML would conflict with it in any way.

16. Banned
    i bet that cost them a bunch

17. Member
    They won the category because there was zero competition. Honestly, this product is subpar and looks terrible compared to Garmin. The images are not good and what I've seen tells me they have a lot of catching up to do. Garmin is still #1 in this category and my guess is by the time HB catches up, Garmin will be releasing their 3D model, which they patented last year.

18. Member
    I jumped to Garmin for forward view / back view once they Mega Live videos came out…. I was hoping they’d have something better, but I have a solix so…. Arg.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..