What am I looking at?

Old spawning beds? Just got my new Falcon with Solix units and 360 mega plus. Don't really know what I am doing yet but saw this and figured there may be a fish or two there. Caught 5 bass on first 6 casts then they turned off. Came back later and caught 3 more. Don't think they were spawning as water temp was in high 80's. This was near where the Kissimmee River spills into Lake Okeechobee. Just moved here and I think I'm gonna love Florida!IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0101.jpg
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

2. Member
    Here is another spot where I caught several more. I think there are many fish showing?IMG_0099.jpg
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    In the first one, those definitely look like fish beds. They do look empty though, except for maybe the one on the edge between 12:00 and 1:00. Fish in the beds will typically show up as lighter shaded dashes.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alann View Post
    Old spawning beds? Just got my new Falcon with Solix units and 360 mega plus. Don't really know what I am doing yet but saw this and figured there may be a fish or two there. Caught 5 bass on first 6 casts then they turned off. Came back later and caught 3 more. Don't think they were spawning as water temp was in high 80's. This was near where the Kissimmee River spills into Lake Okeechobee. Just moved here and I think I'm gonna love Florida!IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0101.jpg

Looks like Tilapia beds.

5. Member
    Great photo