Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Texas Oklahoma rumors to SEC

Wow.......surprised I didn’t see this posted.

interesting news and the beginning of the super conference
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Banned
    Just heard that both schools have reached out to the SEC.

3. Member
    Going to be a crazy 2-5 years. These types of moves may void TV contacts which will hit the school athletic department at the same time players are looking for NIL money. The NCAA is in real trouble and is lobbying Congress to come in and regulate the sport since they can't. Schools like Oklahoma State, Baylor and TCU will be will be going to their state legislatures to make sure OU and Texas don't leave them behind. Nuts.

The one I could always depend on has been ruined. I didn't think it was possible but they have destroyed college football. I wish some schools that actuality care about education would form another league.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    The one I could always depend on has been ruined. I didn't think it was possible but they have destroyed college football. I wish some schools that actuality care about education would form another league.
    Agreed. The new NIL rules and possible super conferences... parity will be completely gone. People thought the BCS didn't give certain schools a chance to win. We will now see the same 5-10 schools forever win the national championship.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    WVU, Cincinnati and UCF to the ACC. Get the backyard brawl back in place.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    The fact that Texas/OU reaching out to the SEC has been made public, tells me it's a done deal.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    The fact that Texas/OU reaching out to the SEC has been made public, tells me it's a done deal.
    I saw a lot of quotes and interviews tonight, not a one denied it.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

9. Member
    Coming from a HUGE OU fan and I hope this happens!

10. Banned
    Money aside, bad move for both IMO, especially Texas, they will never compete for an SEC Championship (football). I think it will make it harder for both programs in the other sports as well. In the end, it is all about the money though.

11. Member
    Kentucky should go to the ACC. They would have better competition in basketball, and go to a lesser football conference where they might have a decent record, they just can’t be competitive in SEC football.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Money aside, bad move for both IMO, especially Texas, they will never compete for an SEC Championship (football). I think it will make it harder for both programs in the other sports as well. In the end, it is all about the money though.
    My opinion is it’s a genius move for Texas. Tired of seeing 90% of our 4/5 star Texas athletes end up in the SEC or at Ohio State/Clemson for exposure/NC opportunity. It would make them instantly relevant again in recruiting.
    2014 920/SHO

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    My opinion is it’s a genius move for Texas. Tired of seeing 90% of our 4/5 star Texas athletes end up in the SEC or at Ohio State/Clemson for exposure/NC opportunity. It would make them instantly relevant again in recruiting.
    Finishing 5th or 6th in the SEC West won't sway many guys IMO.

RIP Big 12

15. Member
    wow, just wow
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Finishing 5th or 6th in the SEC West won't sway many guys IMO.
    You are the college football recruiting genius, so I defer. ��

Or, Texas pulls a top 5 recruiting class every year after joining and OK is planted at the bottom trying to compete with mostly OK athletes.
    2014 920/SHO

17. Banned

Or, Texas pulls a top 5 recruiting class every year after joining and OK is planted at the bottom trying to compete with mostly OK athletes.
    You might want to look at OU's roster and see how many guys from OK they have (it isn't many) so they will still get the guys they need. Texas will still be behind OU, no reason they won't. I am not a recruiting genius, but I'm also not a Texas homer who cant see the reality of the situation.

Texas will never win an SEC championship.

18. Member

They've almost always been top 5-10 in recruiting and can't get it done in a lesser conference.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

19. Member
    Pretty sure in football OU can hold their own most years against AR, Mizz, Ole Miss, Miss State. Yes LSU and Bama will be tough but would much rather go through this than winning the Big 12 for 20 consecutive years. SEC championship would be fun especially if Bama and Auburn’s would move to the East.

TX adds value in baseball and basketball... and they bring money.

I believe the SEC is getting ready so they can leave the NCAA after the tv contracts expire in a couple years. Build a bigger super conference and dominate TV revenue and control football championships.
    Ranger Forever

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast