Thread: CX20 or CX21

CX20 or CX21

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Caymus. I am trying to decide between the 20 or 21. I live the layout of the boats. I have only ridden in the CX21. I am coming out of a Legend A211. I was told by the dealer the build would take 15 weeks. I was going to go with the new Yamaha SHO but after talking to a few mechanics and the availability I am going with the Mercury. I appreciate any info on models and setups from anyone.

2. Member
    I have a 2021 CX 20 and absolutely love it, has the 250 Merc Pro XS and pretty well loaded except for poles! I have seen right at 78 mph ( 3/4 tank fuel by myself and tackle in the cooler water)with my 24 Fury which does a great job! I am running lithium ionic batteries and charger, two 12 Lowrance at console, one on the bow double stacked with a Garmin 106 with live scope. With two guys and 50% fuel I seen right at 77 on a cool morning with perfect running water. I have ran Z 520 for past 12 years, this C will run off and hide from all but one of those Rangers!!
    Any questions feel free to pm or post on here!!

3. Member
    Thank you very much. I fish Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend mostly. Dealer said the C21 would ride better. Both boats seem like I have twice the fisability as my current boat. I had planned on the lithium batteries. I plan to run 2 8" power poles. If I go with the 21, I am thinking of bumping the motor up to a 300. Dealer said that it would sell better with a 250 when the time came for a new boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneB View Post
    Thank you very much. I fish Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend mostly. Dealer said the C21 would ride better. Both boats seem like I have twice the fisability as my current boat. I had planned on the lithium batteries. I plan to run 2 8" power poles. If I go with the 21, I am thinking of bumping the motor up to a 300. Dealer said that it would sell better with a 250 when the time came for a new boat.
    Dealer is right on selling part with a 250 but if i was going 21 i would definitely get a 300R!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneB View Post
    Not sure why he said a 250 would sell better, I think just the opposite, not near as many of them out there, mostly because of the cost would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Not sure why he said a 250 would sell better, I think just the opposite, not near as many of them out there, mostly because of the cost would be my guess.
    Most decent sized tournaments still require 250hp or less. Other than that...the 300 would be ideal on the 21.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Most decent sized tournaments still require 250hp or less. Other than that...the 300 would be ideal on the 21.
    The only tourney circuit that I know of that restricts engine size are BASS, and the other pro circuits, all the other tournies allow whatever the boat is rated for, atleast around here that is how it is.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    The only tourney circuit that I know of that restricts engine size are BASS, and the other pro circuits, all the other tournies allow whatever the boat is rated for, atleast around here that is how it is.
    Pretty much the same way in my neck of the woods!!

9. Member
    FLW (which includes BFL's) is still limited to 250 HP. Kind of a bummer when you have a heavy, 21 ft like mine. When Ranger started showing the 300R on the website as an option, I was certain FLW was going to increase the HP, but not yet anyway.