Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Bill, do you think this could be adapted to an Ulterra? I hate the idea of having a 2nd item to contend with when it comes to mounting it to my boat. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by TheRo0sTer View Post
    Bill, do you think this could be adapted to an Ulterra? I hate the idea of having a 2nd item to contend with when it comes to mounting it to my boat. LoL
    The biggest obstacle, is how to mount the pole so it will stow with the Ulterra without interfering with operation.
    This guy figured it out. You would just have to make a similar bracket adapted to the LiveScope pole.

I made this inline motorized pole for my friend that has an Ulterra, but he wanted it mounted on the gunwale so he made his own bracket. He wanted to be able to control it from anywhere in the boat so I provided him with the key fob option listed in the build sheet.
    This is an even easier and cheaper build than the 90 degree downshaft model. I think I have less than $50 invested including the remote key fob and controller.
    There is a 5 RPM motor inside the 1 1/4 coupling at the top of the pole.
    If there is any interest, I will create a separate build sheet for this model.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Thanks do not have Mega Live yet, but am ordering parts and get it built so I am ready.

4. Member
    Ha Bill I would like the build sheet for inline pole . I made one from an old trolling motor but it was to slow for scanning the way I fish . Do they make a faster RPM motor for both of your designs . good ideas .

Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell View Post
    Ha Bill I would like the build sheet for inline pole . I made one from an old trolling motor but it was to slow for scanning the way I fish . Do they make a faster RPM motor for both of your designs . good ideas .
    I have a lot of commitments at the moment but should be able to put together a build sheet toward the end of next week.
    The right angle double shaft motor is 3 RPM and the Straight pole is 5 RPM but both are available in higher RPM’S.
    Look up the ones in the parts list on Amazon and then look through the additional suggested Items for higher RPM’S.
    The only drawback to the straight shaft is that it has no direction indicator, but you can use the icon on the Garmin screen.
    I also developed a rocker foot switch for controlling the motor direction so now the setup is simple. Just hook to 12 volt power and to the drive motor and you are good to go. It requires a little rewiring inside the switch but is not overly complicated.
    My next project is to develop a mounting bracket for the Lowrance Ghost but may be a few weeks.

6. Member
    I’d also be interested in the inline motorized pole. Is there an inidicator on it to show what direction it is pointing? Thanks for taking the time to share this info.

7. Member
    Oops, I missed the answer to my question in your last post.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Looks like this will be my January build project.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell View Post

I am all so interested once you put up the new build sheet I will start to order parts for it as I need the inline pole as I have the Ulterra and Minnkota says it is a real no no to mount anything else to it.. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

10. Member
    Hey Bill you mentioned that you found a larger foot pedal that can be wired to hook directly to the motor. Can you post a link or pic? By the way, this build looks awesome! I find the prices of the ones on the market to be ridiculous. Some are as much as a new trolling motor. Hey, good for them for getting those prices. I can't blame them. They just won't be getting my money.

Quote Originally Posted by ERJ View Post
    Hey Bill you mentioned that you found a larger foot pedal that can be wired to hook directly to the motor. Can you post a link or pic? By the way, this build looks awesome! I find the prices of the ones on the market to be ridiculous. Some are as much as a new trolling motor. Hey, good for them for getting those prices. I can't blame them. They just won't be getting my money.
    Here you go, this shows the foot pedal and wiring. I prefer this option, as it is simple, just hook two wires to a 12 volt source and the other two to the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Here you go, this shows the foot pedal and wiring. I prefer this option, as it is simple, just hook two wires to a 12 volt source and the other two to the motor.
    I finalized the wiring connections for the rocker style foot switch today and decided to make a short video. Of the several control options I offer for the transducer mount, this is my favorite. 2 wires in and 2 wires out.
    This is shown on the Trolling motor mounted version but works the same on the in-line version. This is the 5 RPM motor. My original motor was 3 RPM but after using it for about a year, I decided to try 5 RPM. Jury is still out.
    Hope the video shows up ok. Not very good with the technology.

13. Member
    So, with this build the only thing keeping the 1" PVC shaft from coming free of the motor is the set screw in the aluminum flange securing it to the motor shaft via friction? I'm going to attempt the build myself and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. Thank you for posting the plans for this!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRX7 View Post
    So, with this build the only thing keeping the 1" PVC shaft from coming free of the motor is the set screw in the aluminum flange securing it to the motor shaft via friction? I'm going to attempt the build myself and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. Thank you for posting the plans for this!
    thanks for bringing this up, it caused me to realize that I did a poor job of showing this connection. The following pic from the inline model build sheet does a better job of explaining it.
    At some point, I hope to update the trolling motor mounted build sheet.

15. Member
    Bill, I really appreciate you publishing these instructions. Can this set up fit on a Ultrex with a Mega 360 on it?

Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    Bill, I really appreciate you publishing these instructions. Can this set up fit on a Ultrex with a Mega 360 on it?
    Yes, just flip the mounting bracket to the opposite side. Not sure there is enough room to run the transducer in perspective mode.

17. Member
    If you don’t mind me asking. What key fob option did you use? Looking to build one of these but want it with a remote instead of the foot switch. Appreciate the whole part list as well. Looks awesome!

18. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstehr12 View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking. What key fob option did you use? Looking to build one of these but want it with a remote instead of the foot switch. Appreciate the whole part list as well. Looks awesome!
    +1
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

This is the one I used. Works well, just plug and play.

20. Member
    Hey Bill did you get the bracket for the lowrance ghost done?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast