top speed loss Merc 250 Pro XS

I have a 2021 Triton 206 Fish Hunter(walleye boat) with a Mercury proxs 250 fs. Tempest 23 prop. Hydraulic jackplate and no kicker. My first few months with the boat I was able to do between 59-62 mph. I did not notice what my rpms were. I had best speed with jackplate at 7. Recently best I can reach is 54-56 and rpms max at 5200( too low). Also I need to have the jackplate at 1. Any higher and I lose more speed. Is this setup very weight sensitive to lose that much speed? I also heard of merc having issue with not going full throttle. Any help is appreciated. I am 3 hours from my dealer and its tournament season.

IF I understand correctly the 100% throttle can change if the mechanical end does not come back to the 0 idle.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mike is correct. The idle position is perhaps the most critical with this.

Your RPM's are way too low. Are they coming from a SMARTCRAFT INSTRUMENT?

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor