lake shelbyville

coming over in august first week. never been their would like some info. what baits to use I like crank baits. how about top water is there weeds our wood. how about under water objects.dont want to mess boat up. If it's slow baits what is a good bait to throw.

2. Member
    I haven't fished there for a while so my info might be a little outdated . Right now the lake is 8 feet high and it tends to drop slowly . When you are on the main lake there shouldn't be any thing to worry about off the bank . Just stay away from any flooded weeds and willows while running . There are a few coves that have flooded timber in but those are always something you have to look out for . As far as fishing goes August seems to be the beginning of the end for offshore fishing . I have been told that the oxygen content out deep gets low so the fish have to adjust . I think some of the biggest fish are still out there but are hard to locate and make bite . I think covering shallow weedy water would be your best bet . A buzzbait ,swimjig,chatterbait thing in the morning mixed with a slow pitching /flipping thing the rest of the day . I have had luck main lake and in the coves doing this .