One map at a time?

I have Garmin UHD 93sv and 73sv. Is there a way to pick which maps display if you have an SD card with multiple downloaded maps, or should I have a separate card for each map? It appears a card with both Lakeview and coastal maps only shows coastal maps. If that is the case, how do you manage active captain data when switching cards, though I guess waypoints and tracks won't matter since you're in a different area.

Yes, you need to have LakeVu maps and BlueChart maps on separate cards. I don't understand your question regarding data management when switching these mapping cards.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd. My second question was regarding Active Captain data, but I think it doesn't really matter. For example if I have Lake View Ultra loaded and make a bunch of markers, when I swap over to BlueChart I will lose those markers, but it does not matter because it should not be the same water, so it is unlikely a marker I place in LakeView will be relevant in BlueChart. I also assume since the one constant between these is Active Captain on my mobile device, as long as the points sync to my mobile device, it will sync to whatever SD card is designated as my AC card.

I also read through the FAQ at Garmin yesterday which was very helpful.

I assume a best practice if I'm always going to have both EchoMaps powered-up and networked is to use one as the home for the Active Captain SD Card and the other as the home for whatever maps I'm going to use, if not the built-in maps.

Another thing I think I need clarification on - I have (coming in the mail soon) a retail preloaded Lake View Ultra East Card and downloaded the US/CAN regular BlueChart Coastal maps. From reading the FAQs, it is my understanding that the preloaded card can be moved among all of the compatible Garmin devices on my account, but the downloaded card can only be used in the first device I inserted it in - is that correct? Does this limitation on the downloaded maps persist if I download another copy?

Finally, a question I asked on another thread - If my pre-loaded card becomes lost or damaged, is it possible to download to another card or is it lost forever? If it cannot be downloaded, can I make a backup copy of the actual card and it still function on devices in my account?

Thank you.
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

With a preloaded mapping card, you can use it on any compatible device (registered or not) but you cannot copy it directly to other SD cards. However, when you register this preloaded card to your account, you can then download additional copies of this mapping within Garmin Express or ActiveCaptain. Of course, the download would only be usable on your registered devices.

Relative to your downloaded BlueChart maps, they work as I described above. All downloaded mapping is usable on any of your registered devices.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Thanks again Todd - great info.
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros