Water Level reports

How about some reports on water level and conditions on the local western NY waters after the flooding the last few days finger lakes, Chautauqua lake, and silver lake .....even Lake Erie, Niagara River and Lake Ontario, Sodus, and Port Bay are getting all the run off they have to be a mess.

I will start a little, spent the weekend on Onieda after all the heavy rain there water conditions were still good as of Sunday afternoon, coming home to Lockport Sunday every stream, creek, river and ditch we crossed was a mess, flooded, higher than I remember seeing and looking like mud not water.

2. Member
    I believe that the larger the body of water the lesser affect the run off will have in level and clarity.

3. Member
    Ontario County Sheriffs put out an advisory for Canandaigua and Honeoye after last weekend’s rain for floating debris. Not heard anything since.

4. Member
    I had heavy ice flow in my jim beam sunday. But no advisory.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Solid play......

6. Member
    Some may consider ice in J B to be a sacrilegious action against excellent hooch. BTW, I prefer J B Black couple of fingers neat, and enjoyed a couple a few at my niece's wedding this past Saturday, which help me forget all that raining weather.

7. Member
    I haven't fished since mem. Day. Looking like mid August I might be able to get the boat out. Hours at usps just keep piling up. Mohawk will be unfishable for a solid 2 weeks. Schoharie creek and others out of commission. that leaves otsego and canadarago. Ugh. Sometimes staying home drunk winter so bad.

8. Member
    I haven't fished since mem. Day. Looking like mid August I might be able to get the boat out. Hours at usps just keep piling up. Mohawk will be unfishable for a solid 2 weeks. Schoharie creek and others out of commission. that leaves otsego and canadarago. Ugh. Sometimes staying home drunk winter so bad.
    you guys got pounded in Otsego county. We’re at the bottom of Vickerman and seemed like all of the rain hit on top of the hill down to oneonta this time rather than going through the valley. The Mohawk in herkimer is starting to go down but still chocolate milk. It’s dropped about 3’ in the past few days though. The canal is still stupid high. Probably by this weekend it’ll be at a decent level but all depends on if they open the gates up near rome to help with the flooding.

The Susquehanna guys have been pounding Cando again, they had 33 boats last tournament and winning weight was 15lbs. That place gets raped harder than Onondaga it seems (if that’s even possible), here I thought having 10 boats on that lake for a tourney is too much. The ramp stewards sure give smaller clubs a hard time if they show up with 5-10 boats, not sure how Susquehanna gets by. Only thing that’s protecting Otsego from getting that much pressure is . But that doesn’t stop the Susquehanna guys from going there. Atleast it keeps the other clubs out though
    Last edited by ECobb91; 07-22-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    I wouldn't plan on fishing any rivers anytime soon. It's going to take a while for the rivers to come down. Seneca River at Port Byron is still running almost 7000 cfs. For reference, "normal" is when its 1000-2000 cfs.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

10. Member
    I fished Waneta yesterday and it's up about 6" and clarity is actually pretty good for as much rain has been falling.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

11. Member
    At Cayuga yesterday .. water seemed low .. launched in Union Springs ..
    had to have back wheels of truck up to the rims just to get the boat
    to float of trailer..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

12. Member
    I launched a tomahawk steak on the gas grill hesterday. Had no problem getting it on and off.